All reviewszing zingthe indian riverprivate beachvilla attendantzabuco honeymoon villathe cliffcoconut beachtrafalgar fallsgranolatibay beachlobsterinfinity poollion fishchampagne reefnatural beautyrum punchplantain chips
Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Will definitely return to this magical place. Incredible birthday trip with a group of 12. All requests met with a "no problem"!Delightful host, drivers, staff and room attendants. Most beautiful architecture. High end kitchen fixtures. Showe that opens to outdoors! Food was spectacular! We custom ordered each meal and had a cooking class. They planned a special birthday celebration surprise with food and music .Best service I have ever received. The staff attends to all of your needs. Beautiful location, just perfect!

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

We look forward to your return Doc! We enjoyed hosting your group. I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to the Staff, Thank you for the positive feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

We were looking for a quiet family vacation to relax and let someone else take care of all the work and that's exactly what we got. With more staff to take care of us then guests there was always one the staff ready to take care of whatever we needed. Polite and accomodating this is what a vacation should be. In addition all of excursions were with what had to be the very best guides on the island. No detail was missed. We were very pleased. In fact on the day we left the airlines stranded us as the airport. When we saw one of the guides that we had used he let Secret Bay know we were stuck....and they tracked us down where we were and paid for out dinner. While this is not a place to go on a budget, the money that was spent was well worth it. Now its time to go back to work to make some money so I can go back to Secret Bay again!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Hi Cliff, Glad we were able to take care of your needs. It’s a great feeling to hear such kind words of our associates (including our guides). Once you come to Secret Bay, you are part of our family and that doesn’t change when you check out. So it was only natural for us to help in any way we could to ease the inconvenience of your flight delay. We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’.
Love from us all.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

It was four years ago when I first saw Secret Bay on the cover of Travel & Leisure. Even though I fell in love with the photographs, I restrained myself. I had been to two dozen islands already in the Caribbean, and had decided there wasn't an island left I was interested in seeing. But then came SB, which looked like my fantasy of what the perfect refuge would be for me. (I'm a writer and wanted a place where I could truly 'get away from it all',) It didn't disappoint. The staff was adorable (yes, I'm talking about all of you: Ayeola, Anthea, Deslyn, Rosaline, Gilbert, Marvin.... you took the best care of me when I really needed it. When I lost my cell phone (lifeline), the staff galvanized and found it for me. My views from Ti-Fey bungalow were like being in my very own luxury tree house, and anything I wanted was just a phone call away. I've never been so pampered. The food was as outstanding as the views. But again, most of all it was the ambience and the staff that made it for me.
Now, if only they would ask me to be their 'writer-in-residence'! :)
If you go, I highly recommend the boat trip to the nearby rainforest, the horseback ride with Yasmin and Linton, the night snorkeling with Captain Don. Oh, and I got a lot of writing done too -- thanks for the inspiration! I definitely will be back, hopefully for a month next time.
Caroline F

Room Tip: Ti-Fey and Mapou are on the small side, perfect for one but would be a bit cramped for two (at least the upstairs bedroom).
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo

Hi Caroline, we were so pleased to have you with us here at Secret Bay. We enjoyed you sharing your interesting experiences as a writer. I remember the day you thought your phone was gone for good, it was as if I had lost my phone as well; so I really felt your anxiety. I would have been just as worried had I been in that situation- my phone and I are inseparable! What a relief when Gilbert brought it back to you. We were overjoyed! Especially knowing that this allowed you to focus on your writing. BTW we can’t wait to get our hands on your book! Please let us know when it’s complete (no pressure :-) )
With respect to your tip, the bungalow may not be the best option for friends or even two persons from the same family but for couples it s a perfect and cozy lovenest!
Everyone sends their regards and looks forward to having you back!

Reviewed December 8, 2015

We had a terrific time at Secret Bay. Our family of 5 stayed in the Zing-Zing Villa. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. The resort was beautiful. It felt like we had the island to ourselves. Highly recommend the island and Secret Bay!

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family

Hi Adam, thank you for recommending us! We enjoyed hosting your lovely family here at Secret Bay. We appreciate your lovely review. Love from our family to yours :-)

Reviewed December 3, 2015

My wife and I just returned from Secret Bay. We are very fortunate and have stayed at many wonderful resorts over the last few years. I don't even remember how we found Secret Bay, but we are so happy that we did. Their website and 3rd party reviews and magazine articles set the bar really high. In fact, I was pretty sure it would fall short of our very high expectations. That did not even come close to happening though. In fact, it was the best summer type vacation that we have ever had. And that is saying something.

We stayed in the original Zabuco Villa. The views were amazing and the villa was like having your very own beach house up on a cliff. The sound of the waves from everywhere in your villa was wonderful. We ate all of our meals on our deck overlooking the ocean or on the beach. It might as well have been our beach too because we rarely saw anyone on it. Most days, we would grab a couple of kayaks, head to the beach and do some snorkeling. My wife would then look for shells while I kayaked back to grab some food and some rum punch for a picnic on the beach.

The accommodations, food and staff were amazing. Just pick up the iPhone they leave for you whenever you need something and they will take care of it. We stayed for six nights and would have added at least another night if we would have been able to adjust our flight back home. We will know better next time.

Must dos. Night snorkeling, couples massage by your pool and a sunset sail.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Hi Steve, we’re happy you found us as well! We are also glad to have met your expectations. As one of our first guests to try our new night snorkeling experience, we also greatly appreciate your positive feedback. We hope by your next visit we will have some new and interesting experiences for you to try. Love from us all.