All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed February 3, 2015

My husband an I stayed at Secret Bay in January 2015. I read about this place in Travel and Leisure magazine. I thought it will be good, but never expected the place to be this wonderful. We stayed at Ti Fey bungalow. At first it looked small, but after we unpacked we realized that in this space everything was perfectly planned. Kitchen had all of the modern appliances including dishwasher, washer and drier. The living room not big, but the balcony and view just great. Upstairs is the bedroom and the bathroom. The bed is big and comfortable. I can't describe how relaxing to lay in bed, look at the sea and listen to the waves.
There is a beach right under the bungalow called Ti bey. It has stones, but we had water shoes. By the way Secret Bay can provide you with almost everything, so pack lightly. Another beach that belong to Secret Bay is a Secret Beach. You can get there by canoe. We were taken by boat. We were the only ones there. Total privacy. I loved it.
Now about the staff. Everybody was great. Merlinda helped us to plan all our activities. She gave us a phone and we were able to get with all the staff members immediately. Everything Merlinda recommended was absolutely great. Tasha was our housekeeper. She is very sweet and very professional. Our driver and guide was Ryan. We liked him so much, that we requested him every time. The food at Secret Bay was also great. We only had dinners there. Breakfast and lunch I prepared myself with the products that were in my refrigerator. It was pre stocked for me. The place has an award winning chief. She can prepare anything you like. The owner of the hotel Gregor makes sure to meet all the guests and check if everything is ok. He is a very pleasant gentlemen.
So my review may sound fake, but we couldn't find anything negative to say about Secret Bay. We are planning to return next year and may be stay in one of the villas. I forgot to say, Diminica is the most beautiful and natural island. I would highly recommend this place.

Room tip: All bungalows an villas are great
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Merlinda F, Marketing Coordinator & Concierge at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2015

Hi Marinamesh1, it was our pleasure to host you and your husband. Thanks for the wonderful review and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy that you had a great vacation. Secret Bay misses you and we hope you miss the warmth of Secret Bay.

We look forward to welcome you back next year same time.

Regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2015

I have stayed in many of the finest resorts in the world and love to travel and to emerse myself into nature and hiking. If you want to be in nature, and stay in a spectacular first class resort, Secret Bay is your place. By far one of the best experiences of my extensive travels around the world. What sets Secret Bay apart from most Resorts is not only the true peace, tranquility,and privacy of the resort but the service and people of Secret Bay. They will go to lenghts that are truly uncommom and remarkable to make sure your every need and want is met so you can enjoy your vacation fully. Every Villa comes with a personal attentandant, likewise the cooks will literally make you anything you desire and the food is amazing. The activity director and concierge will be able to organize and guide you towards any activity you desire. The General Manager is one of a kind (kind of a miracle man). Let me explain. My first day at Secret Bay I set out to hike the highest peak in Dominica. (Mt. Diablotin). Unfortunatley on my way to the hike I ran off the road into a ditch and got stuck and no way to get out. Semi-freaking out I pulled out my Secret Bay I-phone (which they provide to all guests for communication purposes) and called Marvin the General manager. He was cool and calm, asked me if I was okay and said he would be there in 20 minutes. Sure enough he and the Secret Bay driver Gabriel were with me in 20 minutes. Marvin surveyed the situiation and said don't worry I will take care of everything. He asked me if I still wanted to do my hike and I said sure but what about my car in the ditch. Again he said don't worry I will take care of it. I said okay and he had Gabriel take me to the trail head and instructed me to call him on the I phone when I reached the summit safely and coordinate a time to pick me up when done. So I went on my amazing rugged hike came off the trail tired and muddy and Gabriel was there waiting for me. He told me my car had been towed out, fully washed and cleaned and waiting for me back at Secret Bay. Needless to say I was stunned, but sure enough it was true. Went back to Secret Bay enjoyed my tasty dinner and rested peacefully in my beautiful Villa. If that was not enough, the next morning I was preparing to leave on another hiking adventure and noticed I had a flat tire from some mud and sticks that got caught in the wheel. What to do? Called Marvin, his response of course was don't worry about it. He said I will take care of it. So I went back to my Villa had breakfast, took a walk on the beach and an hour later my flat was changed out and the tire had been taken into town repaired and back in the spare rack of my SUV. Again, I was stunned and enjoyed another full day of hiking. So, I say again if you want a resort where every little or big need you may have is met, Secret bay is like no other. If you love Nature and want to disconnect from the world for a little bit and have a vacation of a lifetime. Put Secret Bay on your travel schedule. I look forward to another stay at Secret Bay, not just because of the amazing resort but this Nature Island Dominica is an amazing destination for the Eco-traveller.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi Jim M,

Thank you so very much for your amazing review. It means a great deal to us to know it was one of your best travel experiences.

It means everything to us that you said “What sets Secret Bay apart from most Resorts is not only the true peace, tranquility, and privacy of the resort but the service and people of Secret Bay.” It is feedback like this that makes it all worthwhile for us.

I know Marvin and the rest of the team really enjoyed taking care of you…. And would love the opportunity to do it again! They send their warm greetings for you and your family.

It was great having you here and we hope to welcome you back soon. Please bring the family on your next trip..:)

We really appreciate your review!

Regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2015

My husband and I had the honeymoon of our dreams. We come from Barbados but had never been to Dominica before. We adore being surrounded by nature and all its beauty and Secret Bay was the most intimate nature experience we have had to date. It was the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. We loved being nestled in the trees overlooking a most breathtaking view of the coast. The staff were out of this world amazing and we asked them to surprise us every night with a different dish - they certainly did not disappoint, the food was phenomenal. We loved exploring the local dishes and they even through in some Bajan inspired dishes which thrilled us. They surprised us one night with a romantic dinner on the deck by the sea - it was an unforgettable night! I highly recommend the honeymoon package ;) Great value for money. The list of outdoor activities are endless, we still have so much to see that we will definitely be returning for an anniversary in the near future. Our tour guide Ryan was an outstanding source of knowledge and all around amazing guy! He was hired by Secret Bay to carry us wherever we wanted to go. If you want the most perfect eco tourism get away Dominica and Secret Bay should be your fIrst choice! We love you Secret Bay see you soon!

Room tip: We stayed in the Mapou Tree Bungalow which was so cozy and had a great view nestled in the tree tops.
Date of stay: November 2014

Hi Dominique O,

Thanks for your amazing review of Secret Bay and especially for choosing us to spend the “honeymoon of your dreams”. We appreciate your feedback and delighted to know this special celebration was so unique for the two of you.

Coming from a neighboring Island we feel honored to have been afforded the opportunity of hosting you. And thanks for recommending our honeymoon packages. We hope to have you back for your baby moon and for many anniversaries..:)

It was really great having you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2015

Incredible location. Spend a week in the Zabuco Honeymoon suite for our honeymoon. Food was spectacular and the on-site amenities can keep you busy for days. Definitely check out the underwater cave! The Boiling Lake hike and the Canyoning day trips are a must as well. We're certainly looking forward to our next trip to Secret Bay and hoping we can bring the rest of the family with us. Thank you again to all of the staff for an incredible stay.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Mathew O, it was our pleasure having you for such special occasion in your life. Thanks for writing a review and giving your feedback. It’s nice to know that food was “spectacular” and perhaps next time you can even try more variety of our local cuisine.

We hope to have you and your wife back with us soon and look forward to meeting the family..:)

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2014

We went here for our honeymoon and it was fabulous. The resort is beautiful pictures do not do justice. The place is set away from the main city and remains quiet the entire time. The staff go out of their way to accommodate all our needs. We were able to kayak, snorkel, water paddle all on the resort. We stayed in the both the Zing Zing and Zucoba villas both were great but we loved the Zucoba. The island does not have a lot nightlife or great shopping but is great for outdoor adventures.

Room tip: There is a Masjid 10 min outside of the resort in Portsmouth and lots of halal food options. Our favorite was the usual spot - thai food. Others were Shawarma King, and a shack next to Ross with Indian halal food.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi AyeshaK893, hope all is well. Thanks kindly for writing a review of your experience. We are indeed happy that you chose us to celebrate your honeymoon and got to experience two of our units. It was our pleasure having you.

The team looks forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards,