We had a fantastic stay at Secret Bay. From the first email we sent until we left before dawn every touch point was a positive experience. All of the staff were responsive, friendly, helpful and sincere. They could not be faulted!!
We stayed in Zambuco III. I understand that all of the Zambucos are identical except for their location. We chose III because it was the most private on the edge of property. We loved it!! It was extremely private and had wonderful views especially at sunset. We sat on the deck mesmerised by those views for hours.
The Zambuco was an exceptional villa! It is an architectural masterpiece. Wood and concrete and very sympathetic to the location. Extremely well designed with everything (and more) you would want. Plunge pool, great sound system, chef's kitchen, wine fridge, views to die for and a bed which made sleep easy. A special mention to the bathroom as well. It had a huge bath tub in the room and the best shower ever with water jets for your knees, head and everything in between.
We also really liked the in room meals. Everything was fresh, delicious and local. All you had to do was to give an indication of what you would like and it would miraculously appear. Prior to you arrival you will be sent a questionnaire to stock the kitchen. Just a small warning - the quantities are large!
We would have liked to spend the rest of our lives in Zambuco!!
As mentioned previously all of the staff are wonderful. Bianca our house attendant was very always there when needed and went above and beyond the call of duty. Anna was also great and arranged our tours and activities. We should have heeded Anna's warning not to drink too many Dynamites at the end of the Indian River cruise!!
Secret Bay is not cheap but it is good value. We had to stretch our finances to afford it but do not regret it one little bit. It was the highlight of our 3 week trip to the Caribbean. If we didn't live on the other side of the world we would go back every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth