If you like a state of the art Villa, fully stocked with all of your favorite goodies you requested, overlooking everything good, with your own private pool keep reading. If you like to hike in a jungle like setting, and have the persistence to reach amazing water falls, secret cave swims, and the famous boiling lake, keep reading, if you like to scuba dive in crystal clear warm water with an abundance of sea life and some of the most amazing sponges and coral on the planet, then you have come to the right place.
Activities on property include a Yoga instructor on request, and the resort has paddleboards and kayaks, to use at will to get around to secret bay, or just put on some goggles and swim around the picture perfect point
Don't bring any fancy clothes, there is nowhere to go to dinner, but the ladies on staff are amazing cooks and the food was delicious. The transportation staff are great guys, excellent drivers, and extremely helpful in everyway. Do bring lots of "Dry Fit" active and hiking wear. Your Villa has a washer/dryer so this is a light packing trip, other than dive gear.
A group of us secured the entire Secret Bay complex for 10 days. There were 15 people total, all adults, perfect amount. Make sure that if you do it this way, that you REALLY like their company, if so, you will have one of the most memorable wonderful weeks of your life. I highly recommend putting a group together, it was one of the most exceptional places to do this kind of a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth