Look no further for the best place to vacation in your life.
My husband and I arrived June 2nd for 5 nights and were greeted at the airport by the kindest staff ever, with dried fruit and cold water. Anna and staff met us at the Zing Zing and we were blown away with the amazing feel of the place. Everything was clean and spotless and the view of the ravine and ocean was instantly calming.
The locally sourced wood floors we even felt soft on our feet. Built in cappuccino maker and Italian kitchen, amazing deck, hot tub, books, movies...
Our villa was stocked with everything we needed and the wine fits any price range. Everything is home made and organic, local and fresh. I really wanted lion fish while we were in the Caribbean and it was no problem here. Grilled or fried, whatever!
Try eating on the sunset deck and the other one. The food was so amazing. We just asked for whatever was fresh that day and the preparation was better than any restaurant - we live in Chicago so are spoiled.
We spent a few days at secret beach and the other one. Just asked for a cooler bag and snorkeling equipment and we were on out own to explore, eat cheese and drink wine and chill! The water is beautiful and more full of life than I've seen.
There is life all over the grounds too - sand and water crabs, lizards and hermit crabs, anyone who loves nature will be at their best!
Fire took us down the Indian River - definitely worth the trip. We went spear fishing and line fishing with Mr. Mitchell - the kindest and best.
M Jay showed us the best of Champagne bay, Roseau, trafalgar falls and sulfur springs. He was so cool and we were happy to see him pick us up for the sad ride back to the airport.
Tried the primal spa with Martha Cuffy which was an experience of Dominica.
Even though the room price is a little high, you won't spend too much on food and the excursions they help you plan are very reasonable with the best people.
Dominica is a gem - best place and people in the Caribbean hands down. Secret Bay was absolutely paradise.
Thank You, Gregor and family for making this place real. What a start to our marriage and we will definitely be back - cannot say that about many places!
Special shout out to Rosalie!
Moira & Mark Hagy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth