All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Secret Bay is the perfect place to base yourself for a visit to the Nature Island. Anna was lovely and helpful with organizing our sightseeing. Zabuco II was expansive with a great view and complete privacy. Hiking, waterfalls, whale watching and fantastic birding with "Dr. Birdie" are just a short distance away.

Room tip: Treat yourself to a stay in one of the Honeymoon villas.
Date of stay: March 2014
2  Thank DosDragones
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary...(and that could potentially be our "Honeymoon" spot since we didn't really had one...)...
Secret Bay in Dominica sounded nice: 30 minutes flight, an Island of beautiful nature coupling mountains, beaches, and rivers...a very private hotel providing a bungalow in the middle of nature, flanked on a cliff, overlooking the ocean, and buried in the vegetation ...all this with an impressive view...and in total privacy...
It sounded like Paradise to us...
The location is really great. We stayed in one of the Zabucco villas. The architecture is really amazing. Eco-design, subtile sophistication, fine luxury...
The villa was spotless and had everything we could need/think of.
I particularly loved: sleeping and waking up looking at the ocean with a 360° view; drinking homemade passion fruit cocktail in the infinity pool under the stars; enjoying time out eating coconut sherbet in the lounge/private deck over the cliff; taking massages on the pool deck at sunset...I could go on and on....
Secret Bay has one of the finest guest service from reservation to check-out. Friendly and professional. Homemade bio fine Carribean cuisine.
Activities were tailored to our wishes (visits, horse rides, cooking classes, snorkeling...) and every moment was pure indulgence!
No doubt: we had found Paradise!

Date of stay: May 2014
4  Thank Fabiola L
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Turning 50 is a significant milestone that deserves celebrating. I continue to remember my 50th birthday which was a month long celebration. April 25th 2014 was my beautiful wife Nella’s 50th birthday. With few options of special things to do on Dominica that may create a life time memory, a weekend stay at the Secret Bay Resort dominated my ideas. I have functioned there as a guide since this amazing hotel opened its doors and staying there as a guest is something that I had always desired. A short phone call to Anna started the ball rolling, “No problem Dr. Birdy she remarked“, from there she confirmed our stay. Since it was a surprise to my wife I needed help, my daughter Yana did her part while I communicated with Anna at the Secret Bay. They arranged to have my wife transported from work with instruction that she was going to some other hotel, but the taxi driver pulled into the Secret Bay resort drive-way and advised her that he was making a brief stop. Anna calmly approached her and said would you like to see one of our rooms on the property? Well who would say no to such an offer! Together they arrived at the Zabuco 11. “Wow! This place is wonderful” she remarked. Anna then said, “Well, this is your room for the weekend”. Excitedly surprised, she told Anna, “My husband will be in trouble tonight”. I joined her where the kind of trouble that every man would dream of started. From there, the good times rolled until late Sunday evening.
Now we as locals really understand why the Secret Bay continues to win all those awards. The management and staff are very sweet and made us feel at home. Nothing was missing, great food, good wines and champagne, good coffee and an assortment of other beverages were at our disposal. The unit was spacious, very clean and relaxing. My wife and I have stayed at many hotels throughout our travels and even on Dominica; but the level of hospitality and class expressed by all we came in contact with at the Secret Bay was incomparable; it was real service, love and appreciation without hypocrisy. As a nature lover I discovered that the habitat of dry land wood scrub created opportunity to view wild life from up close; some wonderful photos of the Magnificent Frigate Bird and Lesser Antillean Hummingbird and Iguanas were obtained during our relaxation moments and while overlooking the bay and the Cabrits national park in the distance. Interestingly, Dominica’s national flower, the Bwa kwaibe (Sabinea carinalis) was in full blossom, thus giving us the opportunity to spot 3 of Dominica’s hummingbird species. Since we are not very deep sleepers, we were rather surprised at how well we had slept throughout the nights; this was testimony to the general ambiance, serene and relaxing mode set for the guests staying at the Secret Bay. My wife was truly thankful as she expressed her appreciation for the wonderful stay at the Resort. “It’s not about money, one can have a great vacation while staying in their country and feel like they’re on the other side of the world, said my wife. A bubble bath with sparkling wine brought down the curtains on our stay; a time of our life we’ll continue to talk about for months to come. Surely, we highly recommend the Secret Bay to all who truly dream of a romantic and classy get-away and even to Dominicans. Thanks to Anna and her staff for making Nella’s 50th birthday a memorable experience.

Date of stay: April 2014
2  Thank Yana H
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our first trip together and loved our time in Dominica - it has old-Caribbean flavour and really is an Eco paradise. Secret Bay was our treat at the end of this trip - and it surpassed our expectations in many ways. The architecture and furnishings of our private tropical bungalows combined the best materials and styles from the region with modern flair - very comfortable, contains any amenity you could want - including a great movie library and sound system, and selection of chilled wines. The service and food sets this place apart from any Caribbean lodge or hotel I have ever been to. The setting is secluded, shaded under the trees, with a private beach, and sunset views over the ocean.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank johan s
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This has to be one of the most incredible and memorable places we have ever visited. If you are looking for literally a secret haven experience this is it. And why rent extremely priced villas in the caribbean when you can stay at the stunning Zabuco villa perched atop your own private cliff. We got to tour the Zabuco villa although stayed in a nearby 'tree-house' style bungalow with mega luxury flare and feel. Fine appliances, decked out kitchens and and villa attendant service was fabulous with pre-stocking options. For example we pre-stocked for breakfast with homemade yogurt, granola and fresh squeezed island fruit juice every morning. This place was extremely well planned by the owner Gregor and his wife Sandra - truly an impeccable vision. Gregor grew up playing on the land and beaches where his hotel now exists, so who wouldn't know it best right! With little cutting down of the trees, the hotel was built with care and island cozy in mind. What a great guy, Gregor casually stopped by to say hello and introduce himself and chat a bit about the story behind Secret Bay. Romantic, breathtaking, intimate, and overall the experience made us cherish this place - the people here truly made our stay. Dominica is magical in itself, and our stay at Secret Bay was unforgettable. Check out a ton of photos and my full review on Secret Bay here: http://ow.ly/xh3JQ

Date of stay: April 2014