We recently spent 3 nights at Secret Bay and it certainly exceeded our expectations in every way! The drive from the airport was proof that we were in a very tropical location, everything green even though its not their rainy season. When we arrived at Secret Bay, we realized that there was no traditional reception area, instead we were met by Marvin in our Zabuco villa who went through all the features of the villa and took our list of meals and activities.
We felt very fortunate to be able to stay in a villa that was high up on a cliff with a fantastic view of the west coast of Dominica and Guadeloupe visible off in the distance. The natural noises of the birds and the sounds of the wind through the trees and the cool breezes that came through the villa certainly made us feel that we were somewhere special and that we didn't want it to end.
On our third day the rain just drizzled most of the day and it could be seen coming down from the mountain and through the valley, we didn't want to spoil those natural sounds or feelings with any television or radio! Even though we had sun most of the time, that day was certainly special.
We also really enjoyed kayaking and snorkeling in the very calm sea and there was endless space to kayak safely as far as you wanted.
Our own chef/room keeper (Roselyn) kept us fed with excellent meals (the Callaloo soup is outstanding) and our villa was always clean and well maintained, everything worked. We were also well looked after by Anna and felt that the staff were only too happy to make sure that we had the best possible experience.
Gregor and Sandra, you have a truly beautiful resort and we feel very privileged to have been able to stay there, thanks again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth