We found Secret Bay in 2013 and after going through other options in the Caribbean decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary in 2014 in Dominica in Secret Bay. We made the right call. Secret Bay is not your usual place in the Caribbean not only because Dominica is not crowded and still untouched by mass tourism but also because the service, food, privacy and comfort are hard to find somewhere else. We stayed in Mapou and the bungalow was perfect for the two of us. You could sleep with the windows open and enjoy the sound of the sea without any mosquitoes bothering you. The beaches were perfect to enjoy the sea and sun with absolute privacy. There are many things to do in Dominica but we only went to Roseau and Mero beach to stay and enjoy the beaches and Secret Bay. The service was amazing with Anna, Gilbert and the rest of the team doing their best to please us for every single request we made. But the best part was the food: the calallou, the fish braf, the chowder, the roasted chicken, the creole chicken and prawns, the curry goat and chicken, the granola, the eggs, everything was amazing. The best part was our last dinner when we asked the ladies in the kitchen to come up with a menu of their own and we were blown away by the smoked chicken and red bean soup, the plantains in coconut milk, the vegetables and the fish. Of course, the Kubuli was the drink of choice always chilled and ready to drink. The only thing we would change is the number of nights; six is not enough. Thank you everyone for making this an unforgettable stay and we hope to come back soon.
p.s. Che Bé Sa'w!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth