We just returned from a week long stay and Secret Bay and it was awesome!
First, the resort is beautiful and very private. We were fortunate enought to stay in both the Zabuco and Zingzing villas. Zabuco is over the top. The room has amazing views and ultimate privacy. The plunge pool is also a definate plus. The villa has tons of space and we really enjoyed our meals on the porch. Spectacular! Zingzing was also great. It easily accommodated our family of five. The bedrooms were super comfortable and views still beautiful. No plunge pool, but a hot tub.
The service was also very special. Anna was tremendous about working with us prior to arrival and arranging excursions. Our guides were great and she had many wonderful recommendations. Deslyn and Megs were our villa attendants and they made all of our meals very special. The accommodated our kids requirements and ours as well. The food was very fresh and innovative. They also were great with helping with the dishes, laundry and making our stay super comfortable. Having quiet dinners on our porch over looking the ocean and a sunset for dinner was very special.
We also enjoyed the surroundings around Secret Bay. Kayaking to Secret Beach and Coconut Beach were both very fun. Felt like we had the places to ourselves. Kayaks were always available and ready for us to head out on the quick trip. We also enjoyed visiting the cave - a must do! In terms of other excursions, we did some great scuba, snorkeling and hirking. Syndicate Falls was really great and we also enjoyed the Emerald Falls.
Definately, the perfect mix of luxury and adventure. Looking forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth