"Treehouse meets luxury", as described on Secret Bay's website, is a perfect description for the villas at Secret Bay. My husband and I are still raving about our time spent at Secret Bay. We stayed in Zabucco III and had the best views on the property.
The accommodations, the staff, the food, the amenities, the service were all phenomenal! The Secret Bay owner and staff have thought of everything down to the minute details. The following are just a few examples: private escort/driver at the airport and ride to the property with wet hand/face towel, snacks, as well as, motion sickness bracelets for the weak of stomach on the windy roads, 24-7 security, assistance with bags to the villa, romantic greeting in the bedroom with flowers placed on the bed in the shape of a heart and around the bathtub, bedside candles, flower petals in the shower, fragrant toilet paper to keep the bathroom smelling nice, air conditioning, screened windows to allow for the natural breeze, public internet, personal assistant who would cook breakfast, clean and serve your meals daily, cable t.v., ipod docking station/stereo, personal concierge to book excursions, call ahead service to set up kayaks/paddle boards/snorkel gear!!!
We were thrilled with our very private stay at Secret Bay. We barely saw another guest the whole time we were on property, which was exactly what we were looking for. Every time we kayaked (5 minute trip) to one of the two beaches we were all alone. We enjoyed the beautiful grounds at Secret Bay and were very impressed with all of the beautiful foliage, which also doubled as herb/fruit trees.
Our meals were wonderful! Bianca, our main personal assistant, was great at making suggestions for different dinners and would accommodate our preferences for local or American cuisine. Everything was freshly made and fantastic! Bianca would ask daily if we needed any items restocked and made sure we always had everything we needed. No request was ever too much.
Ana was incredible at accommodating our requests for excursions and made sure we knew what we were getting into (like with the Boiling Lake hike). I do suggest taking many energy type snacks (granola bars, pretzels, fruit) with you for along the way (both directions) in addition to a lunch.
Additionally, there are two other points that are of significance and worth applauding the SB staff. The first is our upgrade from a Bungalow that we booked to a Villa at no additional cost due to an overbooking issue. They didn't even note the upgrade until we mentioned it first. Next, is crediting us for the first night of our reservation. We missed our connection to Dominica and had to spend our first night in Puerto Rico. We fully expected to pay for our first night's stay b/c that is what our reservation was for and it was no fault of SB's that we didn't make it. However, they were kind and thoughtful enough to void the charges. I want to point out that we didn't even ask them to do this.
The only suggestion we have in hindsight to assist those guests wanting to sleep in is blackout shades/blinds. We did find it difficult to sleep in past 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. because of the sunrise and all the windows.
Thank you SB for making this a memorable 10 year anniversary trip!!!! We will be back!
Carol & Travis Richards
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth