Secret Bay is a hidden treasure. The environment and the serenity of the property and its surrounding shores with all the natural beauty make this a very special and relaxing place. There is a little beach on the property, and you can easily kayak to Coconut beach to the right and Secret Beach to the left - both are easy 5-10 minute kayak rides (slightly more challenging if the wind is kicking up.) The nearby Fort Shirley and a tour with "Dr. Birdy" are not to be missed. The staff are all wonderful, and Anna will address any request that you have. Anna really works hard to please the guests, and she does so in a pleasant way. Anna set us up with Tour guides and taxi drivers, and every one was knowledgeable and friendly, and we felt very safe and in good hands at all times. Everyone who works at Secret Bay is nice, pleasant and friendly - every single person. A special thanks to the ladies at the Sous Shack who prepare all of the meals - they do an excellent job preparing tasty meals using all local ingredients. We loved sitting at the counter and watching them cook, and chatting with them, and learning about what's going on in Dominica. We had lunch at the Sous Shack every day and definitely found this to be a special part of the trip for us. We had dinner served on our deck every night. The hotel was full but since it can accommodate only a total of approximately 14 people, it always felt like we were the only ones there, and that all of the staff were focused on us and on making our stay a pleasantly memorable one. They succeeded, consistently. We enjoyed Secret Bay and Dominica so much that we stayed 2 extra days.
It is important to note that Secret Bay and Dominica are not for everyone - If you are looking for a Hilton or a Four Seasons, or nightlife, this is not the place. If you are looking for a small secluded place with local character, spotless, natural beauty, and friendly and accommodating staff, this is the place - don't miss it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth