Arriving at a hotel with pre-determined high expectations can often be dangerous ..... with potential disappointment lurking around every corner. But no such worry with our first visit to Secret Bay last week! We were fortunate enough to stay in the Zabuco Honeymoon Villa and we enjoyed every minute of our time there. Beautiful villa, stunning views, excellent facilities, secluded privacy and first-class friendly and discrete service from the staff - especially Saralee who looked after us very well. We really liked the concept of being able to pre-order your own selection of food and drinks, with the option to cook for yourself, have the food prepared and delivered to the villa or even have the chef come to your villa and cook for you. One of the highlights for us was being able to walk down to the sea, hop onto a kayak and then paddle around the headland to the Secret Beach, complete with snorkeliing equipment and waterproof bags (containing our towels, camera, etc) - all readily provided by the hotel. The snorkeling right off the beach was exceptional. We went towards the left of the bay and about 100 yards away we came across a kind of forest of various types of sea-fans, with a wide variety of live coral formations and sponges. Great snorkelling so close to the beach! When we chose to venture off the property, Anna was very helpful and efficient when recommending where to go and who to go with. By the way, Secret Bay is ideally located to visit any of the main attractions in the north of the island.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Dominica. If you like nature then this island is a MUST DO visit! And if you like tranquil, understated luxury, then Secret Bay is THE place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth