$152
$115
Lucy Inn(Portsmouth)
$55
Orbitz.com
Iso's Bed & Breakfast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$80
$125
  • Breakfast included
$127
$107
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
$83
Orbitz.com
All reviewszing zingzabuco villaour honeymoonprivate beachthe indian rivervilla attendantthe cliffcoconut beachtrafalgar fallssouce shackanother guestevery mealgranolalobsternatural beautypersonal attendantplantain chips
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We absolutely love Secret Bay! We have been to 26 islands and stayed at many 5 star accommodations in the $800-$900/day range and Secret Bay is by far the best of all. Zabuco Honeymoon Villa is the most luxurious room we have ever stayed in. Truly million dollar views. We were surprised with rainbows almost every day. Having each meal whatever we dreamed of and brought to us was wonderful. No stress, no dress up, delicious and totally romantic. From what we saw of the beaches on Dominica, Secret Bay Beach has the clearest water and has very soft sand. Has to be #1 beach on the island. If you do nothing else off property take the private tour with Dr. Birdy to the Syndicate Nature Preserve. It is an unforgettable experience. Thank you Anna, Gregor, Saralee and the whole Secret Bay Staff for making our 20th Anniversary incredibly special! Chuck & Sue, Tampa FL

Room Tip: The Villas are the most private but any room on the property is great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went for our honeymoon and it was well worth every penny. I felt like I was in heaven. The views, the accommodations, the fresh organic juices, local food and fresh caught fish all cooked to perfection, the personal service is everything one could dream of. Even though our stay was in August we never needed air conditioning as the Zabuco villa on the bluff was quite comfortable with a natural cooling breeze. The resort location, plants, walkways and buildings are all designed to reflect nature and preserve the natural setting. We learned so much about local fare, plants and health. Each service person treated us like royalty yet personally cared for us like family. One afternoon we hosted local friends and the extra food and service required to arrange this was exceptional. We were guided by the owners wife to swim through the cave. Anna was our personal travel agent as we needed to make several changes to our flight schedule. She worked endlessly for our benefit and gave us extra time at a bungalow to rest and a meal without charge when we were unexpectedly delayed. We took a few trips to see the Island and glad we did but we really didn't went to leave Secret Bay as we were so comfortable just relaxing there. We definitely want to go there again and stay as long as possible!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LABS2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

During our engagement, I told my wife I would plan the whole honeymoon and surprise her with it. She didn't know where we were going until we were on our final plane getting ready to land in Dominica...

but let me back up for a second. I told her I'd surprise her without having any idea where we'd go for our honeymoon. I used to live in Costa Rica, I've traveled to Belize, Hawaii, Peru & China. I've been to some beautiful places. And my wife has been all over Europe and Mexico - again we had a high bar set when picking a honeymoon destination. Very high bar.

Fate came in and I found Dominica in a random travel magazine. Not just Dominica - the magazine featured Secret Bay.

I read about it and went over to Secret Bay's website and I was hooked! We only get one honeymoon and this island and hotel exceeded our expectations. It was the trip of a lifetime.

At Secret Bay, we loved the bungalow, the food catered to whatever we desired, the mountain bikes to ride all over, and the kayaks to shuttle ourselves over to a secret beach and cave. We couldn't believe that we got our own personal attendant to cater to all our wants. We honestly aren't used to this and didn't ask for much. But the idea of having someone there to help us with anything was awesome.

After traveling all over the world and staying in many different places, it's a high expectation - and my wife and I can't recommend Secret Bay (and Dominca) enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Me and my husband selected Secret Bay for our honeymoon and I must say.... WE DID GOOD. The first night we stayed at the bungalows. They are very cozy and dinner was ready (we let them know what we wanted days before) the next We were moved to the honeymoon suites. Let me say that these suites are top notch in terms of modern furniture, accommodation and everything you always wanted. Our own infinity pool, beautiful modern kitchen, a romantic bathtub and a double shower. The are no menus so YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING YOU WANT... I mean from scammed eggs, fresh fruits, to fish, curry chicken, ice cream and I can go one. We met the resort chef and thanked him for cooking so delicious. The resort assigns you someone who will be your host for the entire stay. She will come, make you breakfast, attend to your needs and be very very sweet about it. They give you cell phones also and you can call them or make locals calls which was awesome!!! Anastasia who is like the hotel manager was a delight. She was there of us And will come and check to see if we were doing fine. The pool is heated and it was so nice to just watch the nature while sipping wine.

Dominica is a beautiful place and staying at this place made it so much better. Before we left we met the owner who is so humble. This is a 5 star resort.... Is our dream come true and we can't wait to be back. Thanks Anastasia and your staff for treating us like a queen and king...

Room Tip: Choose the honeymoon suite.. Is perfect for couples!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alanyspr
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Secret Bay in September, we both love to travel and had seen Secret Bay listed on Travel & Leisure's website and decided to splurge for our honeymoon. I've traveled quite a bit, enjoy going to non-touristy areas and this was the best place I have been. I cannot say enough about how much we loved it, we stayed in the original Zubacco Villa and honestly only left the property once because it was so amazing! It's like staying in a spa for a week, the accommodations are amazing and the pool is fabulous. I've never seen stars like I did at night when floating in the pool, it was breath taking. Our attendant Rosaline was great, she was friendly and just a call away on the cell phone they give you-my husband had a cold the first few days and she brought ginger tea for him without us even asking for anything. Everyone there is so thoughtful!
Ana was a delight, she gave us a wonderful welcome when we arrived after a long day of travel and was helpful in answering all our questions. Also, my husband likes cigars and asked about a cigar shop nearby. Next thing you know, she had contacted one of the shops, emails us a list of options and purchased the ones my husband selected. She just added the cost right to our bill-so convenient and as I mentioned-loved not even having to leave to go into town!
Secret Bay is truly a gem, please don't hesitate to message me with any questions about the property!

Room Tip: Zubacco Villa has the most amazing view & is worth the money! Zing-zing is nice, but you have more of a forest-view with a small view of the water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple