We went for our honeymoon and it was well worth every penny. I felt like I was in heaven. The views, the accommodations, the fresh organic juices, local food and fresh caught fish all cooked to perfection, the personal service is everything one could dream of. Even though our stay was in August we never needed air conditioning as the Zabuco villa on the bluff was quite comfortable with a natural cooling breeze. The resort location, plants, walkways and buildings are all designed to reflect nature and preserve the natural setting. We learned so much about local fare, plants and health. Each service person treated us like royalty yet personally cared for us like family. One afternoon we hosted local friends and the extra food and service required to arrange this was exceptional. We were guided by the owners wife to swim through the cave. Anna was our personal travel agent as we needed to make several changes to our flight schedule. She worked endlessly for our benefit and gave us extra time at a bungalow to rest and a meal without charge when we were unexpectedly delayed. We took a few trips to see the Island and glad we did but we really didn't went to leave Secret Bay as we were so comfortable just relaxing there. We definitely want to go there again and stay as long as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth