My husband and I spent a week at Secret Bay in September, we both love to travel and had seen Secret Bay listed on Travel & Leisure's website and decided to splurge for our honeymoon. I've traveled quite a bit, enjoy going to non-touristy areas and this was the best place I have been. I cannot say enough about how much we loved it, we stayed in the original Zubacco Villa and honestly only left the property once because it was so amazing! It's like staying in a spa for a week, the accommodations are amazing and the pool is fabulous. I've never seen stars like I did at night when floating in the pool, it was breath taking. Our attendant Rosaline was great, she was friendly and just a call away on the cell phone they give you-my husband had a cold the first few days and she brought ginger tea for him without us even asking for anything. Everyone there is so thoughtful!
Ana was a delight, she gave us a wonderful welcome when we arrived after a long day of travel and was helpful in answering all our questions. Also, my husband likes cigars and asked about a cigar shop nearby. Next thing you know, she had contacted one of the shops, emails us a list of options and purchased the ones my husband selected. She just added the cost right to our bill-so convenient and as I mentioned-loved not even having to leave to go into town!
Secret Bay is truly a gem, please don't hesitate to message me with any questions about the property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth