All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We spent a week at Secret Bay with two other couples. It is a "Magical" place. From the moment we arrived we were pamper by a staff that was intent on making our stay as comfortable and memorable as they possibly could. The manager, Anna, sat down with us the first night to go over all of the amazing opportunities Dominica had to offer. She made suggestions, responded to our ideas with honest appraisals of timing, difficulty and fun. We ate many of our meals in our "cottage" which was an outstanding gourmet meal, served on our porch...just amazing! The accommodations are difficult to explain, other than to say imaging one of the more spectacular structural designs, set in a lush green almost rainforest atmosphere, with awesome views of the Caribbean Sea from your porch. If you are looking for just a "lay on the beach" experience, Secret Bay is fine, but if you are looking for a Caribbean vacation unlike any you've ever had this place is MAGICAL!!!

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have never stayed at any resort where we felt so pampered. The food was terrific. We told them to surprise us with local cuisine and it was an excellent choice. We'd get two different entrees each night and everything was great.

The food was great but, they bring it to your room or cook it there. So there isn't actually a restaurant.

1  Thank Hch2013870
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and myself stayed in the Zambuca in mid November. I wanted start off by saying that everything you read in trip advisor about Secret Bay is absolutely true. The resort and the island was magically perfect. The service went above and beyond. Our room attendants Bianca and Rosaline seemed to know what we would need or want before we even knew it ourselves. Anna was so friendly and helpful from the 1st time I spoke to her on the phone. The food was also amazing.. We still miss our daily yogurt, with local honey and granola, fresh fish and salads for lunch and dinner. It was clean eating at its best. It is still hard for us to be back in the real world after staying there for a week We definitely plan on coming back in the future and please feel free to ask any specific questions.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at many commercially owned resorts but none has compared to Secret Bay. We had the privilege of staying in the beautiful Zing Zing Villa. Everything was amazing about this unit-the beautiful wood, high-end stainless appliances, huge veranda overlooking the ocean (where by the way we ate we the most amazing meals prepared by the personal chef). I can't say enough about Anna and Roseline who treated us like royalty and responded to all our wants and needs. Our son is a student at Ross Medical School and we definitely plan on returning to this amazing resort.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gail M
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was researching honeymoon destinations two years before we even got engaged. This trip was so important to me. I stumbled across Secret Bay during one of my many web searches and kept coming back to it, over and over. I decided in the end, our chances of any sort of disappointment were by far the lowest if we chose Secret Bay. All the previous reviews are absolutely spot on. We wanted a place with no crowds, no loud children, no buffet lines...just peaceful relaxation and each other. I could not be any happier with our decision. It was absolutely heaven. We stayed in the original Zabucco and it is unlike anything we have ever experienced! Stunning in every way. Our attendant for most of our stay was Roseline and she was just wonderful, such a sweetheart and so committed to making our stay perfect. Britney was also great. The whole operation at Secret Bay is practically flawless. There is nothing they didn't think of, from dry bags for the kayaks, to beach picnic blankets, to binoculars for taking in the incredible scenery. And the FOOD! I cannot say enough about the food, literally everything we ate was amazing, and the presentation was beautiful. We ate like royalty and I couldn't believe how low our bill was! Gemma will make you some incredible drinks down at the Souce Shack too. Anna was so fantastic, from our first communication weeks before our arrival, she arranged everything and made it so easy. The river trip with Fire is a can't miss experience! So fun. Our favorite thing to do, besides relaxing in the incredible Zabucco, was kayaking to Secret Beach and just hanging out in the beautiful water. It is straight out of a movie, just stunning. We were also able to experience the sunset sail with Captain Mark which was amazing, the best snorkeling I've ever seen! Even if you don't do any excursions, you will still have the trip of a lifetime. I miss our special hideaway every single day, but I am so grateful for this unbelievable experience. There is absolutely nowhere on earth like Secret Bay. Worth every single penny!! Thank you so much!!