We just returned from our one-week honeymoon at Secret Bay and already want to go back!!! We've NEVER had such a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. Not only is the island of Dominica gorgeous and wonderfully undeveloped, but Secret Bay is tucked into a corner of the country that's incredibly private and magical. The resort overlooks a cove and a private beach (Secret Beach); and all the villas are surrounded by trees that abound with life (birds, small lizards and even tiny hermit crabs!). The treehouse-like villas are modern, yet comfortable-stocked with amenities such as a full-service kitchen, board games, ipod speaker, Dyson fan!, TV, DVD player, DVDs, books and lounge-y patio furniture-indoors and out. We especially loved the ability to basically open up your entire villa to nature with wide sliding doors and slatted windows (all with screens, of course). The Zabuco suites are also decked out with the best invention ever-a BEAN BAG HAMMOCK!!!! I stared out into the ocean while reading for hours throughout the week laying on the hammock. When we actually managed to leave the villa we hung out at the: sunset deck, where more bean bags are found, along with lounge chairs to bask in the sun; the deck that overlooks the ocean; and at the private beaches. Secret Bay has access (via Kayak) to two secluded beaches-Coconut Beach and Secret Beach (the latter which we enjoyed more). The snorkeling is great and the beach is teeming with life (crabs, fish, sea snails and sea urchins!).
Besides the amazing atmosphere Secret Bay offers their staff is of the highest caliber. Anna, who manages the property was amazing and very accommodating; Rosalin, Sara Lee and Deslyn, who were our attendants (checked in on us, delivered our meals, etc) were so kind and gracious; the various support staff, who helped us get kayaks ready, etc were incredibly efficient; and the two chefs, Josie and Jemma were AHHHMAZING!!! I already miss their cooking!
We can't say enough positive things about Secret Bay. It truly is an amazing place to celebrate a honeymoon, reconnect with your partner, recover from the stresses of life or even an illness. Secret Bay creates a special experience that allows you to remember the simple joys in life. We love it so much we're looking into purchasing a timeshare! This is one of the very few places I've visited that I'd want to visit over and over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth