I was researching honeymoon destinations two years before we even got engaged. This trip was so important to me. I stumbled across Secret Bay during one of my many web searches and kept coming back to it, over and over. I decided in the end, our chances of any sort of disappointment were by far the lowest if we chose Secret Bay. All the previous reviews are absolutely spot on. We wanted a place with no crowds, no loud children, no buffet lines...just peaceful relaxation and each other. I could not be any happier with our decision. It was absolutely heaven. We stayed in the original Zabucco and it is unlike anything we have ever experienced! Stunning in every way. Our attendant for most of our stay was Roseline and she was just wonderful, such a sweetheart and so committed to making our stay perfect. Britney was also great. The whole operation at Secret Bay is practically flawless. There is nothing they didn't think of, from dry bags for the kayaks, to beach picnic blankets, to binoculars for taking in the incredible scenery. And the FOOD! I cannot say enough about the food, literally everything we ate was amazing, and the presentation was beautiful. We ate like royalty and I couldn't believe how low our bill was! Gemma will make you some incredible drinks down at the Souce Shack too. Anna was so fantastic, from our first communication weeks before our arrival, she arranged everything and made it so easy. The river trip with Fire is a can't miss experience! So fun. Our favorite thing to do, besides relaxing in the incredible Zabucco, was kayaking to Secret Beach and just hanging out in the beautiful water. It is straight out of a movie, just stunning. We were also able to experience the sunset sail with Captain Mark which was amazing, the best snorkeling I've ever seen! Even if you don't do any excursions, you will still have the trip of a lifetime. I miss our special hideaway every single day, but I am so grateful for this unbelievable experience. There is absolutely nowhere on earth like Secret Bay. Worth every single penny!! Thank you so much!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth