My wife and I just returned from her birthday trip to Dominica, and it was the best vacation we have had. We were lucky enough to stay in Secret Bay, in the Zabuco II honeymoon villa, the best place on the island to relax and enjoy this tropical paradise.
We felt pampered from the moment we were picked up at the Melville Hall airport by Benny. Anna greeted us and took us to our villa, and arranged everything we needed to have a wonderful time - our hike with Bertrand Jon Baptiste (Dr. Birdy) through the Syndicate Rainforest, our day with Patrick to Roseau to shop, see the botanical gardens and a whale-watching boat ride, our sightseeing trip to Portsmouth, and our painting of the Sisserou parrot by Aaron Hamilton. Seralee and Deslyn made us comfortable every day, and Gemma and Josie made sure we had some of the best meals ever.
The website photos do not do Secret Bay justice, you really must experience it in person. Believe the other positive reviews, this place is amazing. Nowhere that I have stayed before made me say "Wow" upon walking in the door.
When I returned home, I was not surprised to read that Secret Bay was on the cover of T&L magazine, they have earned every good word written about them, you can really feel the commitment they have made to being the best.
My wife and I like to try new places, to go where we have never been, but Secret Bay is making us want to return to Dominica, soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth