All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I think it speaks volumes that we just returned from our second Secret Bay trip, and it hasn't even been a year since our first! We knew we wanted to plan another trip sometime in 2012/2013 and when we found out we were pregnant, we had to work it in as our babymoon. I didn't have a single reservation about heading back to Secret Bay while I was pregnant, because we had felt so safe and well taken care of the first time. We even alerted the staff while we were booking and Anastasia and Gregor reassured us it would be safe and we would have plenty to do (my doctor gave the OK as well :)).
We are a very active couple and, knowing I wouldn't be able to do many of the excursions was not a problem once we worked with the staff after arriving onsite. Anna and Marvin knew exactly what I should/could do while being pregnant and set us up on some of our favorite excursions yet. This was amazing to me! I was concerned with seeing or doing enough and I was completely taken care of, doing things that were safe, appropriate, and breathtaking. Even if we hadn't taken a single excursion this trip, Secret Bay's amenities and activities would have been enough to keep us relaxed and entertained.

We stayed in Zabuco again because we love the location of that villa, as well as the space and pool. The food service (preparation by local food geniuses in the kitchen) is now included and we ask for all local and all surprises... and are never disappointed. The expertise of the staff when it comes to setting up activities, excursions, or if you need an underwater camera, is the best I have ever experienced. I can honestly say we felt like family on our first visit, but being back a second time, we felt this even more. We were there in July, which is technically rainy season, but we would go back during that month without any concerns. It seemed to rain over night or in the morning which didn't affect our plans one bit and was quite relaxing.

Whether you are looking for a babymoon destination or any other type of trip, I hope our feelings of safety, relaxation, fun and pure enjoyment come across in our reviews for Secret Bay. We are going to build a small family and get back as soon as we can and I know we will be just as satisfied and thrilled as these first two times!

Room tip: We have stayed in Zabuco both times and will stay here again once we come back. We love the location of this villa and the private pool.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Secret Bay is simply amazing! I scoped this resort out for months after my husband decided Dominica would be the best place for us to honeymoon. As soon as I saw that we would have our own bungalow AND personal chef service I was hooked and it wasn't hard to sell my husband on it either! To be honest we were both way more excited for this trip to Secret Bay than we were the actual wedding! Haha. Secret Bay fits in well with the beauty of Dominica. We loved the fact that it is a small resort because we felt almost as if we were on our own deserted island. We appreciated the feeling of privacy that Secret Bay offered. We spent a week in Mapou Bungalow and dreaded having to leave. The deck offered us many evenings to sit and listen to the waves, make friends with the geckos and birds, and just relax. We were provided a cell phone to be able to contact staff any time of the day. Our personal attendants Bianca, Deslyn, and Saralee were such sweethearts! Always smiling and always there to answer any questions we had or get us anything we needed. Anna, the guest services manager, was a life saver. From helping us book our stay at Secret Bay, to scheduling our excursions and activities, and checking on us regularly to make sure we were happy, Anna hands down made our experience even better. Aside from the staff, the food was our next favorite thing. The personal chef service is amazing! Our attendant asked us in the morning what we wanted for lunch and dinner and what time we'd like each meal and the rest was pure bliss. Creole chicken and pumpkin rice, curried goat, BBQ ribs, grilled chicken salad, grilled fish and yam pie, MANGO COBBLER (oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh so DELICIOUS), banana brownies....I'm drooling just trying to think of everything we stuffed our faces with.

We also had the opportunity to meet Gregor, the owner. He was extremely friendly and took the time to talk with us and get some feedback. He suggested we go on the Indian River Tour and we were so glad we did!

Everything about Secret Bay was just overwhelmingly amazing. We've never stayed at any hotel or resort where we had absolutely NO complaints, where every staff member was equally attentive and kind, and where the accommodations made us wish we could take everything home with us!

My husband and I are already trying to figure out when we will be able to make it back to Secret Bay. It will hopefully be sometime really really soon!

2  Thank Monique_Kimani
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for our recent honeymoon in July (Rainy season, but didn't really affect us much) and we absolutely LOVED every second of being there. From the courteous/attentive staff, to the gourmet organic meals, to the breathtaking views where ever you turned; this place exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the Zambuco honeymoon villa and rarely found ourselves feeling the need to leave! (we had our own infinity pool, exclusive views/sunset deck, and every amenity at our request. The grounds themselves consist of about 6 villas (with another being built) and private beaches situated on either side that require you to kayak to get too. Secret Beach was our favorite and we found the most beautiful/private with tropical fish swimming around you. (Not far and everything needed was provided). We even had lunch delivered to us on the private beach one day via kayak. Every meal was to gourmet standards and they make a MEAN bottle of Rum Punch (I ordered at least one a day!). Anna and the staff will do everything to make your stay exceptional. A tropical storm passed through and kept us in one day and the owner walked around to hand deliver bottles of wine and chocolate to help us pass the time! Booking excursions are just as simple and you'll be comforted to know that Secret Bay only work with people/companies that they trust will treat their guests as if they were with you supervising them. All in all, this place was amazing. The food was amazing. The people were amazing and our honeymoon/experience was amazing. My wife and I left already thinking about when the next time we could return. We stayed for 7 days and by the time we left, we hugged Anna and the staff who served us directly, as we felt part of the family. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Room tip: The Zambuco Honeymoon Villa is AMAZING!
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great place with wonderful people that takes care of any needs you could have. Everybody in Secret Bay´s staff was into making our experience the best one it could be.

The Zing-Zing villa was an upgrade we got for our honeymoon and it was a wonderfull place that we wish we could have stayed longer. There is everything you could ever need, a very luxury place, quiet, private and with great food at any time you want to.

Room tip: Zing-Zing was great for our honeymoon. The view is not the best of all the villas there are but you can enjoy walking to the different spots to see wonderfull sunsets. You will enjoy the outside jacuzzi.
Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for our 10-year anniversary. The accommodations were wonderful, and the food was amazing, but what made it stick out among all vacations was the staff. I've stayed other places in the Caribbean where my either my plans were impacted by "island time" or I had to double or triple-check to keep things running. As Secret Bay, I could simply hand everything over to Anna. My wife and I would mention an activity, Anna would list a few choices, we would pick and she would make it happen. It was wonderful.

Room tip: Plan early. More buildings are under construction, but we made reservations 9 months in advance and still had to shift a day to make it work.
Date of stay: May 2013