Secret Bay is simply amazing! I scoped this resort out for months after my husband decided Dominica would be the best place for us to honeymoon. As soon as I saw that we would have our own bungalow AND personal chef service I was hooked and it wasn't hard to sell my husband on it either! To be honest we were both way more excited for this trip to Secret Bay than we were the actual wedding! Haha. Secret Bay fits in well with the beauty of Dominica. We loved the fact that it is a small resort because we felt almost as if we were on our own deserted island. We appreciated the feeling of privacy that Secret Bay offered. We spent a week in Mapou Bungalow and dreaded having to leave. The deck offered us many evenings to sit and listen to the waves, make friends with the geckos and birds, and just relax. We were provided a cell phone to be able to contact staff any time of the day. Our personal attendants Bianca, Deslyn, and Saralee were such sweethearts! Always smiling and always there to answer any questions we had or get us anything we needed. Anna, the guest services manager, was a life saver. From helping us book our stay at Secret Bay, to scheduling our excursions and activities, and checking on us regularly to make sure we were happy, Anna hands down made our experience even better. Aside from the staff, the food was our next favorite thing. The personal chef service is amazing! Our attendant asked us in the morning what we wanted for lunch and dinner and what time we'd like each meal and the rest was pure bliss. Creole chicken and pumpkin rice, curried goat, BBQ ribs, grilled chicken salad, grilled fish and yam pie, MANGO COBBLER (oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh so DELICIOUS), banana brownies....I'm drooling just trying to think of everything we stuffed our faces with.
We also had the opportunity to meet Gregor, the owner. He was extremely friendly and took the time to talk with us and get some feedback. He suggested we go on the Indian River Tour and we were so glad we did!
Everything about Secret Bay was just overwhelmingly amazing. We've never stayed at any hotel or resort where we had absolutely NO complaints, where every staff member was equally attentive and kind, and where the accommodations made us wish we could take everything home with us!
My husband and I are already trying to figure out when we will be able to make it back to Secret Bay. It will hopefully be sometime really really soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth