I was a bit apprehensive about staying here as a solo traveller, I think about 80 percent of the people who stay here are honeymooners, but I can say that I did not feel out of place at all.
You might not see another guest the whole time you are there. So all of my interactions were with the staff, and they treat you like family. I only stayed for three nights, which is definitely not enough. I would have been happy to stay on the property the whole time, but there is so much to do on the island of Dominica, so try to divide time between just enjoying Secret Bay and going on adventures on the island. They will arrange any activity for you and provide the necessary provisions that you will need. The bungalow was spotless and I never slept better. The manager Anastasia was very kind as was my personal caretaker, Meghan. I am a bit of a foodie, and having meals provided by Jemma were delicious and had that homemade feeling because they were. By chance, I met Gregor, the owner of Secret Bay, A very pleasant guy, I think he likes to personally meet guests to see how they are doing. All I can say is before my trip was finished, I was already planning to visit again. This property is single handedly going to
make Dominica a more popular destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth