In March we went for the first time to Dominica. The first half of the week we spent in the jungle in the south west part of the island, the rest of the week we stayed at Secret Bay near Portsmouth. I wanted some time to spend by the ocean. Secret Bay is lovely quite spot. The two bedroom cottage was amazing, it had everything you could ask for. The staff are friendly and so helpful, one day we asked to go kayaking to their Secret Bay beach and see the caves, one of the staff got everything prepared for us before we came down, then came with us to help guide us through into the bat cave. A picnic lunch was made for us another time with very short notice. The food was very good, there is a kitchen down by the sea that you pre order what you want and what time you want to eat and then your cottage assistant sets up the table in your cottage and brings it to you. The owners are very friendly and wanted to make sure that we where having a great time. I didn't on this trip but next time I want to go horseback riding, I had heard great reviews about the stables that are close by.
It is very quite and relaxing place and we can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth