Zing Zing villa was the perfect villa for my husband and I to share with my sister and her husband for a special vacation together. It's challenging to find a villa where both bedrooms are equally nice - most include one master suite and other smaller bedrooms which doesn't work well for two couples traveling together. Zing Zing has two identical spacious beautiful bedrooms each with matching large luxurious bathrooms.
The villa has wonderful outside decks with views of the water and the other side of the island. The breeze was delightful! We enjoyed relaxing together in the large hot tub or reading on the couches in our outside living room. When we wanted time alone as couples the spacious bedrooms were comfortable and private.
The kitchen is fully equipped with all the modern appliances you could wish for. Every morning we made our own individual cups of cappuccino and espresso - no matter what time each of us awoke we could enjoy a hot steaming cup. The kitchen was always stocked for us with delicious fresh juices and fruits, eggs and the best granola I've ever tasted.
We all wanted to vacation with the comfort of a home but without the work involved in food shopping, cooking and cleaning. Our vacation at Zing zing offered this better than any other option. The villa was cleaned every day - many villas only offer weekly cleaning. We never had to take time away from relaxing or fun to food shop, clean or cook. Lunch and dinner was delicious and we loved dining at the table on the large outside deck. In the morning we selected our choices for lunch and dinner and that was the last we thought about it. The food was varied and gave us a taste of the local cuisine which is what we hoped for. Fresh salads and fruits and homemade desserts kept us so happy we never thought of eating out. It was perfect to return from our daily activities, relax in the hot tub, have a cocktail and then enjoy a candle lit dinner al fresco. The staff was caring, friendly and eager to please including booking all our activities from hiking and canyoning to yoga and massages on our deck. We couldn't have asked for a better "home" to share a wonderful vacation together.
Secret Bay is very low key and casual and in some regards it is still a work in progress but any issues we had were overshadowed by Anna who seems dedicated to providing the best service possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth