Secret Bay is even more beautiful than the pictures. The unique beauty and surroundings, coupled with the comfort, privacy and delicious food made for an incredible honeymoon. After the beautiful surroundings, the food and the food service was my next favorite part. I loved having a pre-stocked kitchen (with everything we requested). We enjoyed making our breakfast in the morning and being treated to dinner at night. Every dinner topped the previous. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. One of my best memories was having the kitchen staff make the fish that we caught on an excurious earlier that day. Ana is extremely accomdating and helped us plan our mini-adventures. I say mini, because it was just the right amount of action for us. Taking a boat tour with Fire down the Indian River and stopping at the bar in the middle of the river (litterally, a bar in the river!) was a special adventure. Watch out for the rum punch they call Dynamite-it's delicious and is as it sounds.
The Mapou bungalow we stayed in was great-it truly feels like a "luxury tree house". Everything feels new, clean and modern but also layed back. I especially liked the fresh flowers that were refreshed in our kitchen during the week.
The kayak to the beach was fun (and easy) everyday. The staff was so accomodating in having the kayaks ready for you as soon as you got down to the beach. We saw one other couple, only once, during our many trips to the beach. Laying on the beach was so enjoyable I could barely pay attention to my book.
The resort has both a Sunset Deck and Meditation Deck that are extremely comfortable and enjoyable to relax at. We often sat on the Mediation Deck as a change of scenery from the already beautiful view from our bungalow's deck. One morning we did yoga on the Sunset Deck overlooking the water and watching the sunrise. Basically anything that you would dream of while at Secret Bay, the staff can help to make it happen.
I would defintely return to Secret Bay and maybe even be more adventurous. Although even if we did the same exact thing, I know we would again have an incredbile time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth