My husband and I spent a week at Secret Bay in the Zabuco Honeymoon Villa in January 2013. We wanted a relaxing vacation where we could "get away from it all," and we found that and so much more at Secret Bay. Both villas and bungalows at the resort are beautiful and well-appointed, but we were truly blown away by Zabuco. We literally could not believe our eyes when we saw the phenomenal 180+ degree panorama of the sea from our decks (upper and lower!), the walls of windows with stunning views, the gorgeous private infinity pool, or the high-end kitchen appliances and stand-alone tub! As my husband said, "I feel like a movie star!"
Even more incredible than the accommodations is the service from Anna, Maggie, and the rest of the staff. It's like they've never heard of the words "no" or "can't"! They will truly provide you with ANYTHING your heart desires. For us, this meant amazing dinners served on our deck (everything from a goat curry to some of the best burgers we've ever tasted!), a steady supply of beers and house-made root vegetable chips, and plenty of time to relax, completely undisturbed. Dominica is off the beaten path, sure, but at Secret Bay you feel like you might be the only couple in the world. The resort was full while we were there, yet we never saw another guest. Not once. If seclusion and luxury are what you're after, Secret Bay does it like no place we've ever been.
A few notes on Dominica: Its a rainforest, not an arid beach climate. This means rain, daily, at least while we were there, lush jungle foliage and rocky beaches rather than vast stretches of white sand. If you like stunning vistas, fresh-off-the-tree fruits, and waterfalls galore, this place is for you! Just don't go there expecting the Bahamas. I'm not sure you can truly appreciate what Dominica has to offer without doing some hiking. We hiked to the Boiling Lake, which was extremely challenging but even more rewarding. We also hiked to numerous falls and landmarks. Bring proper hiking boots. We're glad we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth