My husband and I spent 6 nights in Mapou Bungalow this month. It was the most unique place we have ever stayed, it is truly very special. Our bungalow was our own, and very private and our views from our balcony and the 2nd floor bedroom are a spectacular combination of trees and ocean, with Portsmouth in the distance. What makes the place really stand out is the service. When you arrive, you receive a cell phone with numbers programmed in. We had to call (for minor things) several times and the call was always answered very quickly and our problem resolved within 5 minutes. The Manager/Concierge, Anna, is an absolute gem ... the most genuinely friendly and helpful person we've every met in the hotel business. And we enjoyed a couple of chats with the owner Gregor, who is equally charming and friendly. We mostly cooked our own meals in the fully equipped kitchen but had dinner provided by the hotel 3 nights and the food was wonderful. I would also add that the water equipment (kayaks, snorkelling) is the highest quality of any we've seen in the Caribbean.
I encourage anyone interested in this resort to go through their website carefully - what you see there is absolutely what you get when you arrive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth