My wife and I traveled to Secret Bay for our Honeymoon in October and we could not have been happier with our stay. The Ti-Fey bungalow was a perfect size for us - Cozy, but plenty of room. We were close to another bungalow on the property, but we felt secluded and never felt a loss of privacy. The quality of the bungalow was apparent from the moment we walked in: fantastic hard wood, great appliances, marble counter tops, nice furniture, and a very comfortable bed. These bungalows have been built right. We also loved the little perks like the Bose stereo with iPod hook up, the cell phone for contacting Anna (Resort Manager), security and other staff members, and the kindle loaded with Newspapers from back home. The grounds were very nice as well. You get a rustic luxury feel as the resort is built into the hill/cliff side with all of the tropical feel preserved. Tucked into the trees and wildlife are the bungalows and villas seamlessly incorporated with stone paths, lighting, and beautiful flowers. There is also a new observation deck for great views of sunset and a great spot for dinner (Just ask)
Service - My first impression of Secret Bay was the service. From the moment I booked months before the Honeymoon I was in contact with Anna via e-mail hashing out our plans and details. Airport transportation, activities and the food we ate during our stay – everything was taken care of. She was attentive and always provided prompt feedback. Upon arrival the service was continued. Our bungalow attendant Rosalie was wonderful. She brought us amazing food, took care of our bungalow and did all the little things: a heart of rose petals on our bed for our last night, providing anything we asked for, and packed lunches for our excursions every day. Security was always just a phone call away and could provide anything. We felt very well attended the entire trip while still maintaining privacy.
Food – The food was fantastic to say the least. We asked for fresh juices and a breakfast basket filled with breads and fruits, granola and yogurt. It was the perfect way for us to wake up every morning. Not to mention the fresh juices made fantastic Rum Punches to enjoy on our deck. Like I mentioned before lunches we provided to go whenever we needed them. When we arrived our fridge was stocked with exactly what we requested. Then there were the dinners prepared and brought by Rosalie. Fantastic food! We asked for mostly seafood, but we wanted to eat local fare prepared the local way and we got it. We were never disappointed with a dinner! Try the cocoa tea as well. We loved it so much we found some ingredients to bring home.
Activities – For our honeymoon we wanted a balance of relaxation and adventure. Dominica was the place and Secret Bay made it a possibility. Anna and the staff worked out every detail of our excursions on the spot – Then provided us a printed sheet with what to bring, a proposed itinerary, and a driver/guide for our trip. From snorkeling in Champagne beach, to hiking Trafalgar Falls, to taking a boat ride down the Indian River everything was taken care of. We felt safe the entire time and we loved every min of it. On top of that you could call security and be snorkeling in and around Secret Bay’s cave within 5 min. Finally, our best activity was Canyoning! An amazing activity suggested to us by Anna that we will never forget. If you don’t know what it is imagine a river flowing down a mountain in the middle of a tropical rainforest – now imagine rappelling and cliff jumping your way down that river!
Lastly I would like to say that throughout our entire experience we felt at home. The owner of Secret Bay, Gregor, and his wife Sandra made a point to come visit us before they left on their own trip. They were genuinely interested in our story and it was obvious to us how much they cared about their resort. From the moment I booked to weeks after I left I was in contact with Anna who took great care of us and put up with all my questions. Rosalie was an amazing host and a wonderful cook. My wife and I cannot wait to go back there for another stay. As we learned when we were saying good-bye…. It is not good-bye, it’s see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth