We came here for our one-year anniversary. . .I wish we had come for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Viceroy in Anguilla for our honeymoon - which was beautiful, don't get me wrong - but Secret Bay is just special. With only four units, you feel like you are the only ones there. They give you a cell phone to use and has everyone you will ever need's name programmed into it. There is always someone ready willing and able to get you whatever you need!
You can tell that the owner (Gregor) puts his heart and soul into his guests' experience and makes sure everyone's is extraordinary and special. With that much care and attention to detail, it's hard not to have the most heavenly time there.
When i first found out about this place, i went to TripAdvisor to see what the reviews said. At first i couldn't believe what i was reading, i thought with that many five-star reviews, they must be fake. I've never seen so many glowing reviews about one place - even the five-star resorts.
Everything was amazing - they stocked our kitchen with all the things we wanted - we got fresh, delicious meals cooked for us and brought to us every day. And the food was really amazing. It wasn't fancy, which we didn't want anyway. They were all simple, local dishes, cooked to perfection. We were so spoiled.
The service was also beyond exceptional! Every last need was attended to. You can tell that Gregor and Anna were both made for this kind of thing. They make you feel like anything you ask for is not a problem. They are really special people. Anything you want to do they will arrange for you, and they take care to set you up only with people they trust. We did many excursions, but my favorite was the trip with Dr. Birdie! I had read other glowing reviews of him but my husband was skeptical. Neither of us are particularly into bird watching. But this guy did not disappoint. His knowledge of the local fruits and forrest, in addition to birds, was second to none, and made for a very entertaining trip.
If you must wear your Christian Louboutins and "be seen" on your vacation - don't go here. I love to do that, too, once in awhile. If you want five-star service, five-star accommodations, five-star views, and five-star romance, relaxation and privacy and no attitudes - come to Secret Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth