My wife and I went for our honeymoon in July and were astonded at how wonderful the zing zing villa was. It is a tree house, in the woods, with a hot tub, all the amenities you would ever want. Every detail of the villa is incrediably well thought out down to the clocks on the night table, that are a cube wooden cube that only light up if you touch it or the table. The are two secluded beautiful sandy beaches just a few minutes kayak ride away. The staff is wonderful, particularly Anna who is a true gem. We had a last minute issue and had, to leave our luggage at the airport, and only were able to bring a backpack, yet this didn't efffect our trip in the least. Anna just asked for a list of what was needed and by the time dinner was brought up to our deck (which is such a great idea) someone had already gone to the store and bought the socks, sunscreen, and other few items I mistakenly left behind, the fact that there's a washing machine in the villa means you really can pack lightly. The only thing that wasn't perfect about our stay, (which should in no way change your mind) was that there is a dance club across the bay (miles away) that one night a week plays music so loud that you can hear the bass. The island is spectacular with great excursions, hikes, snorkling, etc. and Anna co-ordinates everything with all the best local guides. My wife and I really can't say enough about how great the villa, staff, and island all are, it really is a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth