We cannot say enough wonderful things about our trip to Secret Bay. This was truly a vacation we will always remember. Anna and the staff went out of their way to make everything carefree and easy.
We asked to do a number of excursions, including the Boiling Lake, Cabritz, the Indian River, and spear fishing. Anna set-up each trip with the most amazing guides on the island. Each guide or taxi driver went out of their way to tell us about their home, and show us their favorite places. Our driver on the way to the boiling lake went out of his way to show us Rosseau and all his favorite places. You could definitely tell everyone was so proud of their island.
Not only was the island full of places to visit, but Secret Bay was amazing in itself. The scenery and snorkeling around Secret Bay was so serene and peaceful. Our bungalow also had every appliance and amenity imaginable, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to cook or make rum punch. We did take advantage of both the organic basket, as well as had two meals a day cooked for us. We had originally intended to try local restaurants, but the food was so good at Secret Bay we chose to eat dinner on our patio every night.
The staff, especially Maggie, were so accommodating, and made sure we had everything we needed. We kept running out of juice for rum punch, which Maggie was quick to replace. When we ran out of rum on our last day, a smaller bottle was fetched from Portsmouth, so we did not have to waste a large bottle of rum. It's this kind of service that makes a vacation truly relaxing.
We will definitely be making a trip back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth