We searched for months to find the perfect honeymoon location before we were fortunate enough to hear about Secret Bay. After reviewing the Secret Bay site and doing a little research on Dominica, we decided to book the Zabuco villa for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have made a better decision. It was absolutely perfect, and the experience far exceeded our expectations.
Reading all of the other reviews, there is not much I can say that hasn’t already been said about this amazing resort. Everything you read is true - The villa was absolutely beautiful with amazing views in every direction, the food was delicious (we requested local fare only) and beyond reasonably priced, and the island of Dominica is one of the best kept secrets in the Caribbean. Like many others, we opted to only have one long day away from the property exploring the island, and one day proved to be sufficient for us. The majority of our time was spent at Secret Bay, either swimming to Secret Beach, laying by the pool, or lounging on our veranda enjoying the view (while always enjoying a rum punch).
The one thing I can add, and what I truly believe sets Secret Bay apart from other places, is how amazing the people are here. Gregor, Sandra, and the entire staff are dedicated to making your stay the best experience possible. Every need was addressed without hesitation and with a true sense of pride. They are eager to share their island and their lives with you, and it shows in everything they do. By the time we departed, we felt like we had made friends for a lifetime. It’s not often that you receive hugs and handshakes when you leave a place where you have only been for a week, but that is the kind of people you will find at Secret Bay.
So if you are reading these reviews trying to decide if this is the place for your next vacation, do yourself a favor... Book now, you won’t regret the decision.
(I would like to add one tip, something we discovered right before our departure - Make sure you have your departure tax in hand, in EC dollars BEFORE you arrive at the airport! Credit cards are not accepted and several people have commented that the airport ATM is often out of service. US dollars will suffice, but know that you will receive change in EC - if you choose this option there is the airport bar where you can spend the last of your EC on an ice cold Kubuli!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth