All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed November 9, 2012

in twelve months! Last week, my husband and I returned from our second one week holiday at Secret Bay. Last October, I wrote a review about this property and I am delighted to contribute my comments again.

We chose to return to Zing Zing villa. A spacious and beautiful two bedroom villa overlooking the sea. The layout is ideal for a family or two couples but we decided to spoil ourselves and take advantage of the large inside and outdoor living space. One year later, the entire property is even more beautiful than when we first visited. The flora is maturing beautifully with the help of Secret Bay's onsite landscape architect, the villas seem to be settling into their natural environment flawlessly and the hummingbirds and butterflies have definitely found their home. I think my favorite part of the day was lounging on the expansive veranda each late afternoon admiring the beauty of nature. Being a City person, quite used to staring at concrete buildings and the backside of cars every day, there were endless opportunities to enjoy the overwhelming sights and sounds before me.

To honor a promise to the staff which I made last year was to return and prepare dinner for them, just to show our appreciation for their good care during our holiday. Zing Zing proved to be a fabulous entertainment space. The kitchen was equipped well, allowing me to prepare a gourmet meal with ease, and, we were able to accommodate a gorgeous dinner outside on our veranda for 10 easily. We also entertained the hotel guests which felt like a scene out of a magazine. Everyone at the dinner table shared fabulous stories of their discoveries on the 'nature island' which only reinforced how lucky we all were to be visitors of such a special place.

Gregor and Sandra were perfect hosts. As with our experience last year, Gregor, my husband and I would kayak to one of their two beaches each morning to fit in some daily exercise before the day began. Sandra was the perfect hostess and was always ready to navigate hotel guests through a very interesting cave experience, take us through a wonderful yoga class or just come around to make sure we were all making the most of our vacation. Secret Bay has a staff masseuse who, I have to rate as one of the best massages I've experienced. The staff were wonderful, creating an ambience for us which catered to all of our needs and we really felt as if we were leaving our family at the end of the week. We are already anxious to book Zing Zing for next year and see our 'family' again.

It is impossible to rave about all of the activities on the island. Each day we looked forward to a long hike usually ending at a magnificent waterfall; a reward for a physcally demanding experience. Secret Bay has collected a very professional group of tour guides and we never felt unprepared to tackle a new challenge. The people of Dominica have a great sense of pride in their Country and all it offers. Their enthusiasm is authentic and addictive. Much as we liked all of our guides, we felt drawn to Charlie and Devon. They together offered us the blend of wisdom and youthful energy which we really enjoyed.

I realize that most of these reviews are extraordinarily favorable - its all quite true! If you are considering visiting Secret Bay, enjoy. But please leave Zing Zing available for us next year!

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Secret Bay is really indescribable. I know we will have a hard time finding a hotel better. Their service was amazing. My now husband got coral splinters in his foot from not wearing water shoes kayaking and not only did Ana get the first aid kit out.. She picked them out herself!!! Can I bring you home with me Ana!?! Food is delicious best on the island, Rose was our beautiful attendant who cooked and took great care of us. We also went to Monty's which serves a nice fish dinner and has a fun atmosphere on the water. There is so much to do at Secret Bay you really don't have to leave. You must stay here if you're visiting Dominica. There really is nothing like it. I was worried that there would be bugs because I'm prone to getting bit. It wasn't horrible and luckily Secret Bay supplies all the bug spray you need. I do recommend buying citronella wrist bands I wore them the whole trip and it really helped prevent bites. All in all a wonderful trip on a beautiful island. What a great time! We can't wait to return to Secret Bay. Thanks to all their wonderful staff who made our honeymoon a trip to remember. Love you guys!!!!

Room tip: We stayed at Manciou which I prefer over Ti-Fey it is a little more private I think because of the lay out. However, all four places are extremely quiet, romantic, and secluded.
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm so disorganised I only just got round to doing this so I'll keep it short. Secret Bay was a lovely place. The accommodation was great and the food was excellent. Anastasia was so helpful and lovely.

Lovely and relaxing. Went for kayak around to the secluded beach.

Highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Mapou bungalow at Secret Bay. We called it paradise. From the most friendly, pristine and unnoticeable service to the natural beauty of the grounds and beaches, to the most comfortable and thoughtful layout and furnishing of each bungalow and villa. This place is the most beautiful, private and luxurious with so much to offer. As soon as you enter the grounds you do not want to leave for even a minute. We will definitely treat ourselves again soon for a few days in paradise on the paradise island.

Room tip: Mapou bungalow is the most privately located one with beautiful views for most amazing sunrises and sunsets.
Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Zivile_Pupinyte
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Excellent hosts & a beautiful place to unwind. We live in & travel the islands, and really enjoyed our stay for a week at Secret Bay. Thanks to everyone for making our stay special at Zabuco Villa! Hope to be back soon

Date of stay: May 2012