What can I say? I'm furthering every other Trip Advisor's comment noting that I'm semi-bummed that this property might not be a "secret" much longer.
My wife and I just stayed 5 days at the Zabucco Honeymoon Villa. It was AMAZING. The near-360 degree view from the deck and beautiful property were immaculately represented online. We felt as if we were kings and queens of the waters below us (without a negative colonial connotation obviously). During one of our excursions on the water as we took the boat back, all you could see was Secret Bay's properties overhanging the gorgeous cliffs and we knew that we were home.
The staff there was incredibly helpful. Anna is a gem of a host, explaining to us the island, making and organizing detailed itineraries, adding special touches to each and every request, etc. Delo was greatly accommodating and took care of us the entire time. Also need to give a shout out to our man Ergell from the security crew who was appropriately tasked to making us different types of delicious rum punches each day. Love that the staff noticed we were drinkers and put the right man on the job for us. His "wickedness" got us through the beginnings of Tropical Storm Ernesto.
Learned alot about the island and the guides that Anna assigned to our excursions were well picked. My wife sometimes gets car sick and Bertrand professionally maneuvered the hills and windy roads to minimize any discomfort. Fyre took us up the Indian River and was very knowledgeable about the wildlife, flora, and fauna. And Don took us on a snorkeling expedition north of Portsmouth Bay and on the way back we were treated to some very cool sights including many of his family and friends co-opting a large fish netting operation. Some stuff that you just wouldn't see in other places.
My wife had an amazing massage on the deck. We checked out Trafalgar Falls, Emerald Pool, and toured Roseau.
Secret Bay allows you the opportunity to stay completely relaxed and private (all of the units were booked and we didn't see anyone until the taxi home at the end of the week), but also allows you to be active and soak up the glory of this relatively untouched island.
We can't wait to make it back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth