My husband and I just returned from a 6 day stay at Secret Bay. We had been looking online for a while for a Honeymoon destination and couldnt find anything that stood out to us. My Husband came across Secret Bay and I immediately fell inlove. It was like nothing I had ever seen and I knew I had to go to this beautiful place. And boy was that a good decision. Secret Bay surpassed everything that we have experienced on prior trips. The pictures do not do this place justice. We stayed in the Zabuco honeymoon villa. The villa was gorgeous and contained everything and anything you could possibly need. We had our own private pool which we were enjoyed everyday during our stay. A full kitchen, a large bedroom with a freestanding bathtub and two person shower. All the walls inside the villa are foldable if you want to let in a breeze off the water, which is another feature that makes Secret Bay so unique. Also, if you are feeling like a night in, there is a satellite TV and a bookshelf full of DVDs and books! One of the breathtaking features of the Zabuco Villa is the 180 degree ocean view. We were able to sit on our deck and watch the sun rise and set everynight, which was absolutely beautiful. Not only we were surrounded by beautiful landsape and a gorgeous villa but the staff at Secret Bay were top notch. Ana was a great help, she will plan day trips, dinners at local restaurants and coordinate your stay with a smile on her face the entire time. Our attendant Megan delivered unbelievable sevice, and lets just say we never went hungry at Secret Bay. Amazing Amazing AMAZING cook, anything from steak and potatos, to lamp chop with stuff peppers, to homemade pineapple ice cream. Absolutely wonderful food! Everyday she would come and clean our villa, the place was spotless thanks to Megan. If you felt like getting out of the villa for a while there is a beach attached where you can take out kayak's and snorkel gear at your leisure! Everything about this place set it apart from typical resorts! We were a little nervous at the end of our stay for the food bill, considering we ate like royalty while we were there. But once again they do not disappoint, incredible food for 6 days at a very reasonable price! Secret Bay is by far the most beautiful place we have ever been. Everything about it was beyond 5 star service! If your planning a trip and want something a little different from the usual resort, Secret Bay is a place for you! Trust me it will be the best decision you will make!! We cannot wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth