My husband and I visited Secret Bay for our honeymoon in March. From the moment we were greeted at the airport with cool towels and bottled water to our last lunch at an amazing restaurant recommended and booked by Anastasia, we were impressed with this gorgeous property, but even more so with its people.
We stayed in Zabuco, the honeymoon villa, which had breathtaking 270-degree views. To the north of other Caribbean islands, to the east of Portsmouth and Ti-Bay Beach, and to the west of Secret Beach. The open-concept layout and dark wood architecture integrate the villa well into its natural surroundings and add to the "treehouse" feel. We loved the deck areas, and even when indoors, you felt the outside coming in. I loved cooking breakfast in the kitchen surrounded by huge windows with fantastic views. The welcome basket included fresh-from-the-kitchen food items like yogurt, sorbet, and jam that had not even yet set, frozen, or cooled, respectively. Inside the villa, we loved the large two-head shower, the DVD collection for our couple rainy days, and especially the espresso machine.
We regularly walked down to Ti-Bay Beach to pick up a kayak and equipment that had been set up for us by security when we called from our cell phone 10 minutes earlier. We enjoyed kayaking over to Secret Beach and were usually the only ones there. Of course, it may become less and less secret as this property continues to turn heads.
Anna always went out of her way to coordinate taxi transportation, book restaurants, and recommend activities. The cell phone provided by the resort was probably the best service. Anna was always available on speed dial, ready to answer questions or act on a request. The owner, Gregor, was very friendly and refreshingly laid-back, and you can tell the property is absolutely a labor of love. All staff members were incredibly friendly. The security guards (a nice perk) were helpful, Rosa cooked many of our amazing meals and delivered them to our door, piping hot.
Secret Bay was the perfect choice for my husband and me. It had the intimacy of a B&B, the privacy of a vacation rental, and the service of a high-end resort without the "corporateness." It is unfussy luxury. I highly recommend this property and hope to return in the future to see what Gregor has in store next. Thank you to everyone at Secret Bay for making our honeymoon so special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth