All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have just returned from our stay at Secret Bay. We weren't 100% certain of what to expect but it more than exceeded any expectations that we may have had! We stayed in a bungalow which is so cozy and intimate. We didn't leave the bungalow very much, as we so enjoyed just hanging out there on our balcony looking through the trees to the beach below and the beautiful views beyond. The way the bungalows are built you almost feel like you are in a very luxury treehouse. Everything opens up and you feel like you are with the nature in the tree tops. There are screens however, if you feel that you want to keep the bugs out, not that we experienced any whilst we were there.
You are thoroughly spoilt by the staff and hardly have to lift a finger if you don't want to. We chose to have the cooking service and most of our meals were cooked for us and they were delicious. However, it was great to be able to have food in your fridge if you wanted a snack. They will stock your fridge for you for a minimal fee. Every villa/bungalow is outfitted with every modern appliance that you would need, including a great ipod docking station.
They have kayaks, bikes and snorkelling gear that you can use for free. We used the kayaks and snorkelling gear and enjoyed our short trips around the point to Secret Bay beach, which is gorgeous and we even got a peak into the sea cave which was really cool!
We also managed to have a peak at the Honeymoon suite and the 2 bedroom villa, both of which are amazing. The Honeymoon villa has views to die for. You definitely won't want to leave the villa once you have checked in.
Go and experience it for yourself, you won't be disappointed! We can't wait to get back there!

1  Thank Bimgirl
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Secret Bay is the most amazing place that I have ever been in my life. It is simply paradise. There are two beaches with turquoise water and coral reefs for great snorkeling. My husband and I enjoyed wandering out on Kayaks and exploring other nearby bays and beaches. Hotel owner Sandra took us to Secret Beach by Kayak for the first time, which was great, and after that we went back many times ourselves. There is a sea cave there that I was a bit nervous to go into, but my husband ventured in and thought it was very special. Every day we enjoyed wonderful home cooked meals prepared by the amazing and friendly staff. We loved the taste of their delicious Caribbean dishes - coconut pumpkin soup, yam pie, creole shrimp, passion fruit sorbet. I discovered a ground vegetable called dashine that I never had before, and tasted cold teas made from lemon grass and citronella growing on the property. We spent 5 adventure filled days and romantic nights at the Zabuco Honeymoon villa. The villa is a work of art and is perfect for anyone who wants the luxury of space and time while at the same time being very close to nature. As an artist, I was fascinated by how stylish, modern and well appointed the villa was, while still being minimalistic and Caribbean in terms of the architecture. In the short time we were there our only regret was not exploring Dominica more, but we just didn't want to leave Zabuco! We have already made plans to return next year. This is a very special place.

Room tip: Zabuco Honeymoon villa, The villa is perfect for anyone who wants the luxury of space and amazing view
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at Secret Bay on 2 separate occasions. One with just she and I and another with a group of friends. Both experiences were absolutely amazing. The views of the water are beautiful and each bungalow or villa has something unique to offer. While we were there, we had an amazing chef that cooked fabulous meals. We also went kayaking and they had all the gear we needed to have fun and stay safe. They even provide you with shoes and snorkeling gear! We fell in love with their fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and dishwasher! We have stayed at various places in Dominica and would definitely rate it as one of the top places to stay! The staff were always smiling and met are every need. We can't wait to go back and recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing and astonishing getaway.

Room tip: Zing Zing is the best for 2 couples (sleeps 4). However the rest are only for 2. They are all very close together though so they can accommodate you up to 10 while allowing plenty of space! When choosing between bungalows, we recommend Mapou to allow for more privacy.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2011

When my wife told me we were going to Dominica for vacation, I honestly didn't know much about the place and was a bit skeptical about going. Of course, as the time passed and we were packing up, I was a little bit more excited, but wasn't sure what to expect since many of our trips were places I had some knowledge about....Secret Bay Dominica...WOW!
I can't explain in words how beautiful this place is. From the staff, owners, to people on the Island...it was just an amazing experience and one I love to share with friends and family. Secret Bay is simply one of the most beautiful places Ive been. We were able to stay in both the Bungalow for a couple days and then to the Zabuco Villa for the next few days until we had to leave.
Everything about Secret Bay was amazing...the layout, its location, the views, the water, etc...everything was just perfect. I must say that the architecture of the buildings was amazing...such a unique and luxury feel to both layouts. Everything you need is available for you and no reason to need anything more. From our arrival - start to finish, everything we wanted to have as far as snacks, food, and accommodations for anything was just a phone call away if we didn't already have it (a cell phone provided to each suite for you to use while there - amazing).
I read all the reviews here and just have to agree with every one of them - Secret Bay gets its rating because it actually is one of those few that can meet the ratings and it shows. For the most part, we were sooo amazed by the Zabuco Villa that we were completely happy just hanging out at the Villa all day. Kayaks are readily available to take a quick trip to the private beach and bikes are available upon request to take a quick bike ride to town.
If you are looking for a top notch place to stay in Dominica, Secret Bay is a MUST. When we travel back to the West Indies, Dominica would be a definite stop...even if it was for a day or two. I definitely enjoyed every bit of our stay and thank the entire staff at Secret Bay for everything.
By the way...the food was amazing. It was nice to not think about what we were going to eat everyday and the cooks pretty much served as they pleased. We are not picky eaters, so we just told them to surprise us each meal as we were confident that everything would be amazing...and it was. Kitchens are fully functional and we did however make it feel like home by going to the Super Market and buying some food to cook for some of the meals we had.
THANKS AGAIN SECRET BAY FOR EVERYTHING. We look forward to visiting again in the future.

Room tip: Zabuco Villa - amazing villa.
Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank sirshan
Reviewed October 19, 2011

... literally.

My husband and I just returned from a mini trip to Secret Bay. Accustomed to traveling in luxury, we were both continually astounded by the beauty of the property, the surroundings and the dedicated people who make Secret Bay so very special.

Dominica is a Country to be cherished. We are but visitors to a very special place in the world that carries all of the precious characteristics of a simpler life many of us have long left behind. We also realized very quickly that we are mere visitors to an eco island unimaginable to describe in this review. Thus, the activities on the island are endless for those who wish to live life at its richest.

The Secret Bay team were there to make certain that our visit was flawless. Each morning began with a 7AM kayak to one of their two lovely beaches where we would spend about an hour exercising on the beach. Upon our return, we would be greeted with a morning smile by staff who wanted to ensure that we had enjoyed our experience. A leisurely breakfast was prepared and waiting to be served to us in our exquisite Zing Zing villa. The choice of activities during the day was endless. The staff hand pick a very professional and informative tour leader depending on which activity is chosen. Returning back to the resort, there is barely enough time for a short rest before you are either spoiled to another self selected home cooked meal or carried to a fabulous and memorable restaurant. One of the nicest touches was the escorted late night walk back to our villa. Not for security reasons, just to be reminded that you were there to be pampered.

The photographs on the Secret Bay website are highly representative of what you will experience at the resort. What you should expect is to be swept away the moment you arrive to the property. The reviews below are quite accurate. One could go on and on. We have already booked our second visit to Secret Bay and hope to make this an annual family holiday.

Date of stay: October 2011