Secret Bay is the most amazing place that I have ever been in my life. It is simply paradise. There are two beaches with turquoise water and coral reefs for great snorkeling. My husband and I enjoyed wandering out on Kayaks and exploring other nearby bays and beaches. Hotel owner Sandra took us to Secret Beach by Kayak for the first time, which was great, and after that we went back many times ourselves. There is a sea cave there that I was a bit nervous to go into, but my husband ventured in and thought it was very special. Every day we enjoyed wonderful home cooked meals prepared by the amazing and friendly staff. We loved the taste of their delicious Caribbean dishes - coconut pumpkin soup, yam pie, creole shrimp, passion fruit sorbet. I discovered a ground vegetable called dashine that I never had before, and tasted cold teas made from lemon grass and citronella growing on the property. We spent 5 adventure filled days and romantic nights at the Zabuco Honeymoon villa. The villa is a work of art and is perfect for anyone who wants the luxury of space and time while at the same time being very close to nature. As an artist, I was fascinated by how stylish, modern and well appointed the villa was, while still being minimalistic and Caribbean in terms of the architecture. In the short time we were there our only regret was not exploring Dominica more, but we just didn't want to leave Zabuco! We have already made plans to return next year. This is a very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth