When my wife told me we were going to Dominica for vacation, I honestly didn't know much about the place and was a bit skeptical about going. Of course, as the time passed and we were packing up, I was a little bit more excited, but wasn't sure what to expect since many of our trips were places I had some knowledge about....Secret Bay Dominica...WOW!
I can't explain in words how beautiful this place is. From the staff, owners, to people on the Island...it was just an amazing experience and one I love to share with friends and family. Secret Bay is simply one of the most beautiful places Ive been. We were able to stay in both the Bungalow for a couple days and then to the Zabuco Villa for the next few days until we had to leave.
Everything about Secret Bay was amazing...the layout, its location, the views, the water, etc...everything was just perfect. I must say that the architecture of the buildings was amazing...such a unique and luxury feel to both layouts. Everything you need is available for you and no reason to need anything more. From our arrival - start to finish, everything we wanted to have as far as snacks, food, and accommodations for anything was just a phone call away if we didn't already have it (a cell phone provided to each suite for you to use while there - amazing).
I read all the reviews here and just have to agree with every one of them - Secret Bay gets its rating because it actually is one of those few that can meet the ratings and it shows. For the most part, we were sooo amazed by the Zabuco Villa that we were completely happy just hanging out at the Villa all day. Kayaks are readily available to take a quick trip to the private beach and bikes are available upon request to take a quick bike ride to town.
If you are looking for a top notch place to stay in Dominica, Secret Bay is a MUST. When we travel back to the West Indies, Dominica would be a definite stop...even if it was for a day or two. I definitely enjoyed every bit of our stay and thank the entire staff at Secret Bay for everything.
By the way...the food was amazing. It was nice to not think about what we were going to eat everyday and the cooks pretty much served as they pleased. We are not picky eaters, so we just told them to surprise us each meal as we were confident that everything would be amazing...and it was. Kitchens are fully functional and we did however make it feel like home by going to the Super Market and buying some food to cook for some of the meals we had.
THANKS AGAIN SECRET BAY FOR EVERYTHING. We look forward to visiting again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth