I had the pleasure of staying in Secret Bay for a few nights in one of the "bungalows".
These are in the forest, and the architecture means the feeling is like sleeping right in the forest, but in all the comforts you expect of a five star hotel. I slept to the sound of the beach and the birds.
Amazingly for a location like this, my room had free and reliable Internet.
I used the cooking service for my breakfasts and one dinner, which I recommend. The staff were lovely and they cooked English and Dominican breakfast to my liking!
There are two beaches by the hotel, one which you can walk to and a "secret" one which is of postcard quality. You can borrow a kayak to go to the "secret" one (5 minutes) which I highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2013 Secret Bay was chosen as the number one luxury resort in Caribbean by Islands Magazine; and its Zabuco Honeymoon Villa was voted as having the 3rd sexiest bedroom in the world at the Smiths Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth