I was sat in the hammock and right in front of me came 2 sisserou parrots. So green with lovely plumes trailing.
The tree houses allow you to be right there with the birds. Hawks and many smaller birds visited the trees right in front of us.
The accommodation is spacious and away from any other buildings making it private. I had some nice dreams.
Food is good at Montys on the beach and snorkelling was great on the live reefs in Douglas Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT SINCE APRIL 2013. Manicou River is a collection of hand-crafted wooden cottages perched on the mountainside high above Douglas Bay and the Cabrits National Park on the beautiful, pristine island of Dominica. Our view is one of the best on the island, taking in mountains, the Caribbean Sea and the small town of Portsmouth below. We offer a simple, relaxing, nature experience with just the right touches of luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Manicou River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manicou River Eco Hotel Portsmouth
- Manicou River Dominica/Portsmouth