My accommodation was fabulous and the design perfect. Combining a high-end resort (for Dominica) with a true conservation approach has culminated in a wonderful place to stay. Hanging out in a hammock high above the sea in the realms of a truly beautiful tree houses you cannot help but relax.
Also, snorkeling at Manicou River Eco Resort was fantastic. The locations of the reefs are a swim away from a secret beach that the resort discovered. It was sandy and safe for kids in my opinion.
I would definitely come back to this little paradise. It’s hard to put into words the feeling this stunning setting gives you.
I ‘unplugged and recharged’ as someone said here earlier and it felt great. All done with the smallest impact possible on the local environment. A true Eco Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT SINCE APRIL 2013. Manicou River is a collection of hand-crafted wooden cottages perched on the mountainside high above Douglas Bay and the Cabrits National Park on the beautiful, pristine island of Dominica. Our view is one of the best on the island, taking in mountains, the Caribbean Sea and the small town of Portsmouth below. We offer a simple, relaxing, nature experience with just the right touches of luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Manicou River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manicou River Eco Hotel Portsmouth
- Manicou River Dominica/Portsmouth