Me and my new wife spent two weeks at Hotel DeChamps in March this year in what was a most memorable weddiing and dream vacation. The owners Hans and Lesa have a small intimate hotel that caters to the vistor in every respect. The view from Dechamps is breath taking of the calm Carribean below and the gorgeous green mountains surrounding you. Every morning you will be treated to delightful breakfast by Manueala on the veranda which always includes fresh fruit and juice. You will soon be visited by Lesa who will make sure you have a days activity planned and a driver. The really nice touch is she will give you a complimentary cell phone with a direct link to her and the motel. Every day she made sure we went either snorkeling, touring the island, soaking in the hot sulpher springs, inner tubing down a river, fishing with a local fisherman, hiking to see waterfalls, whale watching and so many other adventures too numerous to mention. Point being she will make sure you have plenty of things to do and she will get you there and back.
The best thing about DeChamps are the people who work there. Our intent was to get married in Dominica while enjoying an intimate vacation were we could get to know the local culture and people. Well we hit the jackpot staying here. Hans and Lesa with their staff went so above and beyond what we ever could have imagined and became our family for our wedding. A few examples of how gracious they were to us.......the entire staff of 15 people walked over two miles to attend the ceremony with some of their children serving as the flower girl and ring bearer. Hans walked my bride down the aisle to me. The cooks stayed up to one in the morning the night before preparing wedding decorations, and one girl had to call Hans for a ride to the wedding because they would not let her ride the bus because she had too many flowers. We absolutely fell in love with everyone at DeChamps and it was a very tearful good bye when most of them made a special trip into work just to see us off. If you are looking for a close up personal experience look no further because the folks here are the real deal.
Mark & Cindy Kolb
Cecil, Wisconsin, USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high upon the Picard hillside is the Award Winning Hotel The Champs. While you stay in your perfectly sited 3-star room with sea view and balcony, our smiling staff will provide you with 5-star personal service. This remarkable place overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea, the colonial town of Portsmouth and the gorgeous green hills of the Cabrits National Park. The beach is just 5 minutes down the hill. Its hospitable treatment to clients brings guests from far and wide to its welcoming doors. Combined with this mini paradise is its highly popular restaurant and cocktail bar, lush flower garden, relaxing leisure and jacuzzi area, parking lot and local shuttle service. A perfect place for adventure vacations, couple escapes, visitors to Ross University, business trips and a gem for weddings and honeymooners. Begin each day with our delightful breakfast-to-order; spend each day experiencing another island activity; end each day sipping on a cocktail gazing at the magnificent sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfortel De Champ Hotel Portsmouth
- The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Dominica/Portsmouth