I stayed at Dechamps for the weekend. One of the things I loved about staying there is that it is a small business, but very well-run! The owners work very closely with their staff making it feel like a family. I always knew whatever I wanted or needed would be taken care of because they communicate well with each other!
In addition, as other reviewers have said, the rooms have beautiful views overlooking the Caribbean sea as Dechamps is located on a hill. My room was comfortable and spacious. Friday nights they have fine dining which is a delicious meal, but is a little more expensive because they bring in a chef for that. Other than Friday night dining and Saturday brunch, they have a regular menu. Breakfast mornings are wonderful, next to the kitchen on a balcony overlooking the sea. They will do breakfast to order except Sunday mornings when you get bakes.
Great job Lise and Hans!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high upon the Picard hillside is the Award Winning Hotel The Champs. While you stay in your perfectly sited 3-star room with sea view and balcony, our smiling staff will provide you with 5-star personal service. This remarkable place overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea, the colonial town of Portsmouth and the gorgeous green hills of the Cabrits National Park. The beach is just 5 minutes down the hill. Its hospitable treatment to clients brings guests from far and wide to its welcoming doors. Combined with this mini paradise is its highly popular restaurant and cocktail bar, lush flower garden, relaxing leisure and jacuzzi area, parking lot and local shuttle service. A perfect place for adventure vacations, couple escapes, visitors to Ross University, business trips and a gem for weddings and honeymooners. Begin each day with our delightful breakfast-to-order; spend each day experiencing another island activity; end each day sipping on a cocktail gazing at the magnificent sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfortel De Champ Hotel Portsmouth
- The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Dominica/Portsmouth