What a wonderful place to spend our Honeymoon! Where do I begin??? Allan was at the airport (with a personalized sign) to pick us up. He did a great job of educating us on local customs and life on the drive back. Lise was there to greet us and show us our rooms, etc. There are only 5 rooms, so you get great personalized service. They provide a complimentary cell phone with pre-programmed numbers for De Champs in case you need anything. They also provide complimentary beach towels and snorkeling equipment. Luke and Shelvin were great at arranging things for us, including a rental car. They will arrange tours of different areas around the island, or provide great information if you want to explore yourself (which we did and loved it all!). Lazia and/or Annie were there with a smile on their faces every morning for breakfast...which consists of fresh fruit, fresh-squeezed juice and your choice of eggs, bacon, ham, etc. We had omelets every day to give us energy for a busy day of exploring this beautiful island! Ike and the ladies at the bar/restaurant are friendly and helpful. De Champs is one of the best places on the island to see the beautiful sunset! The jacuzzi area is great and includes satellite tv, a sitting area and a hammock.
The local people are friendly and helpful if you happen to get a little lost (which is pretty hard to do with only a limited number of roads on the island).
As you can see we loved Dominica and the Comfortel De Champ! We can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high upon the Picard hillside is the Award Winning Hotel The Champs. While you stay in your perfectly sited 3-star room with sea view and balcony, our smiling staff will provide you with 5-star personal service. This remarkable place overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea, the colonial town of Portsmouth and the gorgeous green hills of the Cabrits National Park. The beach is just 5 minutes down the hill. Its hospitable treatment to clients brings guests from far and wide to its welcoming doors. Combined with this mini paradise is its highly popular restaurant and cocktail bar, lush flower garden, relaxing leisure and jacuzzi area, parking lot and local shuttle service. A perfect place for adventure vacations, couple escapes, visitors to Ross University, business trips and a gem for weddings and honeymooners. Begin each day with our delightful breakfast-to-order; spend each day experiencing another island activity; end each day sipping on a cocktail gazing at the magnificent sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfortel De Champ Hotel Portsmouth
- The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Dominica/Portsmouth