“great takeaway”

Dining options: Reservations
Cinderford, United Kingdom
“great takeaway”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have just moved to Cinderford and have never been inspired by the the places to eat before. So was very excited when I saw 'sophias'. Great pizza, proper coffee,helpful and friendly and very good prices for the quality. Thank you and keep going!

Visited May 2013
4 Thank emilyrgardner

“APALLED”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food - amazing -But not in good way - the pasta quite definately the WORST we'd ever eaten
Should have realised what we were in for when the owner offered to sell us the restuarant as soon as we arrived!!!
Most of what we ate or drank failed to fit anything on the menu - the lauded sauce appeared to come straight from the supermarket - roasted vegetables never having seen inside of oven - martini(another feature on the menu), which the owner proudly stated he'd never made before.
Lastly the ministrations(or should I say lack),- of the owner - failing to bring drinks ordered - drifting around doing nothing constructive

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank 26JanC
sophiascinderford, Owner at Sophia's, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I must say I am slightly surprised by your review as when you where here all of the party were very impressed by the restaurant and commented about how lovely it was several times! and if everything was so bad why was no comment made that night and indeed why would you leave a tip!! I feel I must respond to your comment re: the Martini's I did not say that it was the first time I had made them! I said you were the first people to order them since we opened. I can assure nothing comes from the supermarket everything is made to order on the premises. I am sorry that you appear now to be unhappy with the food and service.
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Reading some of the reviews here I cannot believe we were in the same resturant last night. The food was way below average and as for the service, well........... The manager was the rudest man we had ever encountered. All we did was ask why the carbonnara was not in a creamy sauce as it was described in the menu and mentioned that we did not like it and all hell broke loose. He shouted and screamed at us that if we didn't like his food we could get out, then he left the room. We didn't even get to mention about the rest of the stuff we didn't like. We just paid up and left and he was lucky that we even paid, most people would have just walked out with out paying ! Will not be going back.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank 567Sales
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have been to this restaurant approx 3 times and I love the food. However, I must say It would be better if there was some heating in there as its always cold and I have to wear 3 layers or my coat every time I go.Also some better background music would be ideal than a radio.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sophia So Fine!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went with my daughter and friends, and I opted for a Pork meal, (wrapped in bacon and stuffed), and it was highly substantial. All the meals supplied were brilliant and no one was left hungry. Freshly cooked and great quality for the price. Yes a bit cool, probably due to the windows being the former shop windows.
On my next visit, that's where we will eat again.

• Visited February 2013