“Casa de Ascension esta excelente!”
Review of Casa de Ascension

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Allen
Casa de Ascension
Ranked #3 of 3 Punta Allen B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After navigating the Punta Allen road, arriving at Mike's and being handed a beer after we barely got out of the Jeep, everything got even better! All the food was first-class, especially the grouper caught by a Canadian gentleman that Mike cooked to perfection. We had it for an incredible dinner and grouper tacos for lunch the next day that were out-of-this world. Mike and his staff all went out of their way to make us feel like we were staying in their home. Accomodations were very clean and comfortable, with 24/7 electricity. Mike organized the guides for fishing, and Pablo and his son, Eduardo, did an exceptional job of putting us onto permits and bonefish. One 15-lb. + permit made our trip. Mike's boat lunches are amazing also. We'll definitely go back in February of 2015, and are sure that everything will be equally as outstanding. We also loved Mike's choice of music!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fishamigo

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Well, it has been almost 10 years since I last visited Mike, but nothing has changed. Still the perfect host. Lots of stories, spanglish, and of course incredible food. Food just happens at Mikes. Oh, and did I mention the drinks!!!! Over the last 20 years I have spent lots of days with Mike and on Bahia de Ascension fishing and it still remains the ultimate combination. Henry and Alec did a good job on the water-3 permit, a super slam and if I hadn't boofed the tarpon, a double grand slam the last day. Can't get much better than that in 3 days on the water. Michael will do what ever it takes to make your expectations are exceeded. Mike and Antonio are magnets for the locals, so hanging at Mikes with the local folks is a great experience. I will be back this year for more of Mike!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank bajasolopescado
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed with Michael for 3 nights during January 2014. Our plan was to do some DIY fishing in the area, but after successfully DIY fishing for the past 10 days we decided to book a guide for some flats fishing with a boat. Michael turned us onto a couple of great guides named Eli and Zack. These guys were fun and knew how to find the fish. My partner had shots at a Super Slam each day.

We stayed in the most eastern room which had two queen beds, a full bath, a fan and AC. The beds were comfortable and tastefully decorated. The water was hot and had great pressure.We didn't use the AC, the fan was fine to cool the room.

The highlight for us was the restaurant that Michael has. We always had whatever they were serving. It was excellent. I think we could have ordered other items as well, but we are family style diners and love to try whatever is at hand. We ate there Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. All of the meals were fantastic and it was fun to see the mix of people that would stop by to see what was on the menu that evening. I said we ate lunch there, but that isn't really accurate. Michael made us delicious box lunches for our guided fishing adventures!

I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Punta Allen. I think that Ascension Bay is one of the most diverse and vast flats and lagoon fisheries anywhere. It is definitely worth the effort to get to. When I finally do make it to PA again, you can bet I'll be making a reservation with Michael.

Room Tip: All of the rooms offer exceptional comfort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank runswithelk
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Mike is still living up to his reputation as a great host and even better cook! Immaculate accommodations and a very personable staff (1st name basis upon arrival) assisted Mike in providing a great breakfast, box lunches for us and our guides and a dinner to write home about!
2nd trip to fish for Bones & Permit on Ascension Bay. Knowledgeable, friendly guides put us on more fish than we could have expected and, although they weren't as hungry as we'd hoped, we still landed 3 nice Permit, several Tarpon and 15-20 Bones over 3 days.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alanfb
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Incredible experience staying with Mike at Casa de Ascension. We knew ahead of time that the electrical grid shuts off in Punta Allen and me being a girly girl was worried to sleep in the heat and be uncomfortable. To my surprise Casa de Ascension has air conditioning and 24 hours of electricity with their solar panels, it was world-class comfort. Mike greeted us with his famous "La-La" drink and cooked delicious fresh seafood pasta for dinner. I'm a pretty picky eater and don't eat seafood so told him I would just have plain pasta. He wouldn't have it and made me my own pasta with chicken and it was to die for! I honestly can't say enough great things about Casa de Ascension, it was truly one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spend a week chasing permits and enjoyed Mike's world class hospitality in Casa de Ascension. Flawless rooms, fantastic home-cooked meals, world-class cocktails and service second to none. Permits were picky eaters this week, but it was hard to feel sorry for ourselves as we recapped our fishing day with our nightly ritual of crashing on the upstairs patio and watching the stars from sunbeds and hammocks, sipping freshly made Pina Coladas after gorging on Mike's gourmet dinners. Yup, life is pretty good at Casa de Ascension. Pinche Palometa!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NoFishFigo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

November 2012. We wanted to flyfish the Ascension Bay and our web searching took us to the Casa de Ascension in Punta Allen. Michael, put together a great package for us and even met us at the Cancun Airport for the bumpy drive to Punta Allen. Michael was an excellent host from the very start and the experience turned out to be an immense success. The lodging was clean, comfortable and well-run, our room was spacious, and the food was beautifully prepared and served by Irene and Michael. The flyfishing experience was complete with great equipment, well-maintained pangas and our guide, Alexander, was friendly and knowledgeable. Kudos to our apprentice-guide, Joannie, as well. For me, the visit was made complete with Irene and Joannie teaching me to make hand-formed tortillas in Michael's pleasant outdoor kitchen. We also enjoyed an evening out, walking the streets of Punta Allen and stopping for fish tacos at a homey outdoor restaurant. The key lime pie was a delicious surprise! Thank you, Michael, for a wonderful experience. We will be back some day soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
0 mi away
Casa Pascale
Casa Pascale
#4 of 12 in Punta Allen

Been to Casa de Ascension? Share your experiences!