“Holiday Inn Express lives up to it's reputation again”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I Travelled to Cardiff in Mid-October for a University open day, looking for somewhere affordable and close to the airport the Holiday Inn Express catered to my needs perfectly. The decision to stay with Holiday Inn Express came from a previous positive experience in the US.

On my arrival in Cardiff airport the hotel shuttle picked me up within moments of calling off the courtesy phone, although my room was not ready when I arrived as I was a few hours earlier then the check-in time, the desk staff took my bag and held onto it until I came back.

A complimentary bus took me to a near by train station where within 30 minutes I was in Cardiff Central Station.

Upon arrival back at the hotel my room was ready and I collected my bag from where it was securely stored. The room itself was a good size with a comfortable bed, nice en-suite bathroom, sofa bed, TV, Tea & Coffee making facilities and a desk.

Although the hotel is situated literally across the road from the airfield, there was no noise. Staff were friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was fairly priced and of good quality. The hotel also offers a complimentary light breakfast.

All in all this is a nice hotel, well managed and well maintained, Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank el-voeco
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Services & Reservations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2009

Many thanks for taking the time post a review and offer your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, the fact that we met your expectations of the brand is also very encouraging.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to the Vale of Glamorgan.

Kind regards

Guest Services & Reservations Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport

Reviewed August 25, 2009

I chose this hotel to stay at prior to flying from Cardiff because the it worked out only £30 more than airport parking would have cost for the duration of my vacation. It is in great location with modern spacious rooms. It is also very clean & the free shuttle service to the airport was fast friendly & efficient. The only thing that let it down was the lack of food available at the hotel. The menu was limited & quite expensive for bar snack type meals. Nevertheless not wanting to go out we decided to eat there only to find our first 3 choices from the menu unavailable. In fairness the hotel keeps menus from several take away establishments that deliver, & the staff are happy to provide plates & cutlery. A basic continental breakfast was also provided.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Guest feedback is one of the most important and effective methods in allowing us to constantly monitor and improve the service we offer and i am pleased you have taken the time to offer your comments.

I am delighted that you were satisfied with the simplicity and hassle free experience offered with our 'Park, Stay & Go' Package. Comfort, Cleanliness, Guest Service and Value for money all all key factors that we pride ourselves on. I am disappointed that on your recent visit our food choice options did not meet your expectations.

If you do read this response i would welcome you calling me at the hotel on 01446 711117 to discuss your feedback further.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed July 27, 2009

We booked a one night park stay and go package before our holiday. The staff were superb and our room on the top floor was spacious and clean. When we reported the kettle was not working, someone attended immediately and when it could not be fixed offered to move us to another room. We did not want to move, so were given free tea and coffee downstairs. Also you could not hear the planes even though we had a runway view room.

The meals in the bar are pretty good value although the drinks were a bit on the expensive side.

Breakfast in the morning is good quality and the shuttle to the airport is very quick. When we returned the shuttle was out of service, so we were told to go to the taxi rank outside the aiport and bill the hotel.

I will agree with fellow reviewers that parking spaces are like golddust, but all in all I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2009

Many Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback and post a review.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Cardiff Airport.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the fault with the kettle in your room. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the alternative solutions offered.

Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Perfectly sited for Cardiff airport. Rooms very clean and breakfast was also good. Only problem was finding a parking space but we did find one in the end. Usually stay in travelodge or Innkeepers lodge but this hotel much better. It is dearer but well worth the extra. Such a relaxing way to start a holiday that we have re-booked a room for our next holiday.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

Many thanks for your comments and kind words.
Cleanliness, Guest Service and Value for money are all key factors that we pride ourselves on.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel and am delighted that you have decided to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cardiff Airport on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 13, 2009

About 10 miles from Cardiff, this hotel is a convienient stay to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Staff are friendly, rooms are impressive breakfast straightforward continental, we were pleasantly surprised, and well deserved of its positive reviews.
The hotel overlooks the airport , so if you arent using sat nav then just follow signs to the airport.
There is also a flight information board in the Lobby , and this provides real time departure info.
About a mile away there is a Toby Carvery , didnt try it but it was conveniently close

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Your positive feedback is very encouraging and i am absolutley delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2009

Hotel was clean,staff very helpful.Breakfast available at any time buffet style to suit your flight time.Hotel courtesy bus will take you & your luggage to airport which is 5 minutes drive away & when you arrive back at end of your holiday there is a courtesy phone in the arrivals hall so that you can contact the hotel & they will then send the free bus to collect you,no hassle.The hotel car park could do with being bigger as we had the last parking space when we arrived at 8pm on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your positive feedback is very encouraging and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2009

We've stayed here a few times & it is perfectly situated right next to Cardiff Airport.

The staff are always really friendly & helpful. Rooms are clean, modern & functional.

The continental breakfast is perfect for an early morming

There's a Toby Carvery a short drive down the road which we use, but I think the hotel will order in a takeaway for you at a small fee.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
CDFAP-GSM, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Our team are committed to delivering outstanding customer service to all of our guests and your comments are very encouraging.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Express by Holiday in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!