“Very good”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times staying overnight and also using the car park .It is very convenient for the airport and Staff are very helpful and no matter what time return flights are you don't have to wait to long to be picked up and transported back to hotel .The beds are very clean and comfy and breakfast is early enough for anyone getting an early flight. we will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms available well away from non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times now as we find it a cheap and easy start and / or finish to our holidays if we go from Cardiff airport, also using it to park our car for the duration.

We always have a personal welcome from the staff. The rooms are basic but OK, the bar area the same. The food is apparently good although we have not eaten there (apart from breakfast, which is generally fine). Free lifts to and from the airport are also included.

The cheap price of staying there and parking plus the very nice staff ensure we will continue to use it whenever we fly from Cardiff.

1  Thank Mark V
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Only stayed one night but will definitely return in the near future. Everything was top notch from the moment you walk through the door. Staff were great as were the rooms and the size of the telly was a welcome surprise. Free air hockey wii games and a 50p pool table were ideal for the kids. Food was very good both evening meals and breakfast. Apart from being ideal for the airport it is well situated to explore the coast and countryside. I always try to look for the plusses in hotels rather than negatives . It was easy here any negatives are not worth worrying about and they cant do anything about the weather

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank curlew123

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your high scores.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the staff and I am sure it will be a motivational tool for them to keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Jessica

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Spain recently. Warm greeting, room nice and spacious. Rooms could do with decorating though. The kettle took ages to boil and the shower was a bit naff. the food in the bar is good, the service good but no atmosphere at all. The staff didn't seem to know what to do esp regarding using the internet, as they put it, we don't bother with it, which was most annoying when I needed to use it urgently! Breakfast was good, but not very well organised, cant seem to cope with many people at once, ran out of beans and scrambled eggs and no plates out, and when some were brought out, only 6 were put out. Good selection at breakfast though with cereal, fruit, cooked breakfast and croissants. Young staff left in charge at night with not much of a clue, snacks are very expensive, and the bar/dining area could be much cleaner with a bit of attention. The TV is on the Sports channel ALL the time, even at 4am!! Would stay here again, as its handy for the airport, but that's all.

1  Thank angiehiltonlewis

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
Would you be so kind to get in touch with me via e-mail to let me know when exactly you have stayed as I would like to discuss the comments with the staff members on duty while you were staying with us? My e-mail address is : deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Sons booked rooms to stay and I was staying with my daughter. Soon changed my mind. Was so impressed decided to stay there myself, give my daughter a bit of space. Hotel was excellent, rooms spacious, comfy and modern. Breakfast was plenty and more than adequate. Staff where helpful and polite. I would really have to nit pick and the only thing I could fault was trapped dead flies between window glazing and not enough tea and milk... like I say that was it. Excellent value for money and I would recommend to anyone... Next time we stay, will be when the baby arrives, and we will be making a block booking to come back

Room Tip: Probably on top floor as if children are above can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Soulgirl65
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores here on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
Please get in touch with our sales manager Jo under sales@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk when you are ready for your block booking and I am sure she will be able to help you with your accomodation needs.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was comfortable and had a decent TV with freeview channels. Free wi-fi was available throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly, helpful and can arrange you a free bus ticket to the airport. The airport is only a 10 minute walk away. Breakfast is buffet style, with a broad selection of hot and cold food and drinks.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores here on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just an overnight stop. Found it to be friendly and clean and great value at £28 for a Friday night stay and it included breakfast when compared to Premier Inn and Travelodge. Linens looked a bit dated but was the only shortcoming. Breakfast was reasonable with a good spread of choice.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience here on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I am very glad that you have found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and thank you very much for considering us again if you are in the area.
Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
The Mount Rooms
The Mount Rooms
#4 of 5 in Barry
Travelodge Cardiff Airport
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!