“night away because of work”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed October 1, 2013

third time I have stayed. Very clean. Like the fact there is shower gel and shampoo as it minimises what you need to bring toiletries wise. Like the fact that the door arrangement in the shower allows you privacy when using the loo. Small smell of fresh paint in corridor as they were doing some maintenance...but nothing in the room. Had an evening meal . Was warned they may be an hour wait as they were really busy , but it came in 20 minutes. Had Salmon salad with garlic bread and honey and mustard dressing - delicious ! Had a glass of Merlot and it tasted fab. Bed springs on bed in room 120 could be felt ...perhaps it is time the mattress was changed ? Shame as beds are usually very very comfortable ! Breakfast was typical ...plenty of variety. Lovely helpful staff - one remembered me ...but we do share the same surname ! Conference room booked by work ...excellent facility with on tap tea/ coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DanMaskell
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be helpful and lovely and were able to accomodate your needs.
We are in the process of painting all rooms and public areas and we will look into the issues with the bed in room 120.
I am really happy that all services offered have been to your satisfaction and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We chose this hotel as a stop over on the way from London to the ferry in Pembroke. Beware the location on TomTom which gets you nearly to the door but tells you that you have arrived about 1 mile before you get there outside another hotel. The location is on the edge of the terminal area of the airport which makes it great for early morning departures. Arriving late the car park was full but the helpful staff soon found a place for us. The hotel is typical for this chain which was totally adequate for our one night stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Graham J
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were able to help you finding a parking spot in our busy parking facility.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We flew from Cardiff for the first time Sat 31st August and as usual we choose a hotel to stay at the night before, its just makes things more relaxed.

Having stayed at other Holiday Inn hotels by airports we again took what has always been a safe bet and booked the HIE Cardiff Airport. We booked well in advance and got a great price for a room to accommodate 2 adults, a child and infant.

Upon arrival which was just after 2300hrs check in was straight forward and hassle free, luggage trolleys easily available to help with our mountain of luggage. The lift was small but didnt present an issue. The room was clean and made up as per prior request.

Bathroom clean and adequate with usual HI extras if required.

Beds comfortable which helped for a good nights sleep.

In the morning the inclusive buffet breakfast was surprising good quality much better than expected and quite enjoyable.

We then asked about the shuttle as prior to booking we inquired about it as its vital with all the luggage we had. The hotel has a shuttle but not always drivers available it would seem, we were advised that a bus goes every 20 past the hour but when the person on reception recalled what we had to carry plus children they said they would arrange the hotel shuttle for our requested time of 10am.

Upon check out all was very straight forward and we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel arranged a taxi for us as they had some issue with the shuttle driver availability.

For us this was the icing on the cake as it went above and beyond what we expected and ensured everything went as smooth as possible.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again if we fly from Cardiff airport (which isn't so good) and recommend it for those what want a good, clean comfortable cost effective hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank J H

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to offer you a hassle free and relaxed stay.
Thank you very much for making us the hotelk of choice for your next holidays and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our holiday flights usually, because of the flight times we want, tend to depart from Cardif Airport. We stay here the night before as you cannot get any closer to the airport and you can leave your car while away in the secure car park. We paid 60 quid for one nights accommodation and 30 quid to leave the car for the week.

The hotel has a suttle bus and you book your leaving time when you check in. The accommodation comes with a continental breakfast.

The hotel is very clean and it runs like clockwork. If I have one issue with it, it is the rather limited range of offerings in the hotel eatery but I have seen folk bring their own take-aways in which no one seems to mind.

One post comments on the limited availability of the shuttle bus but it runs twice an hour and if you miss it that's your fault! I certainly would not want to be kept waiting if someone cannot get their act together.

If you are going to arrive late, take a bottle of wine, water and some sarnies with you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank toddman572001
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you first of all for your loyalty and for staying with us the third time.
I am a bit surprised about the comments regarding the restaurant as we do offer four different starters, ten main courses, three desserts and we do have daily special on offer too.
We are changing the menu again beginning of October so I will take your comments on board.
Before 6.20 am our shuttle bus is runnig every 20min or even more frequently on request. We do use the public service bus after 6.20am to reduce our carbon footprint but we always try to meet our customers needs and we wont leave anyone waiting another hour if they have missed their bus.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Reception friendly, room clean and modern. I was on my own, it would certainly have been a bit tight if there were 4 people. (2 + 2). Arrived at 2200 and the only option for food at that time was crisps, chocolate or 'Pot Noodle' from a vending machine or an offer of some take-away menus to order in (Not exactly what I wanted at 10pm, a sandwich or similar would have been nice). I made do with a large glass of merlot!
The bathroom was small but well appointed, the shower hot but a little feeble, the bed comfortable.
Breakfast was a 'free' buffet with a small selection of hot plus a larger selection of pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. All OK.
Having travelled by public transport the next disappointment came this morning when I asked how to get to the terminal building. The answer: walk - 5 to 10 minutes in the rain or the once an hour bus that leaves at 20m minutes past each hour. I missed the bus so got wet!
1 bus an hour really is not good enough, I am only thankful that I am not infirm or have a couple of suit cases with me. Is it unreasonable to expect an airport hotel to have a shuttle to the terminal? I don't think so.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you were not able to eat in the restaurant but our restaurant is open from 5.30pm until 9.30pm we would have been able to provide you with take away menus after closing time.
We do use the public bus after 6am to reduce our carbon footprint as the bus is passing the hotel anyway but the member of staff who checked you in should have explained that and book you on the bus or book you a taxi to make you journey more comfortable.
Would you be so kind to get back to me under deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk so I can investigate who checked you in and out.
Thank you very much in advance.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

hello all just had a cracking break we stayed at holiday inn Cardiff airport we arr on the Wednesday 4th sept to the 9th sept am not as mobile ie with walking had a fall in the room on Wednesday soon as we got to the room my wife went down to see if some 1 could help me getting up and 3 men came up to the room to help me i would like to say thank you to them for helping me all the staff were great made us feel at home the hotel is very close to the airport if it was closer it be on the runway i must say we didt hear any planes at all from the room so didt loose any sleep at all the all so have a restaurant in the hotel which was cheap and we were very happy with the food we even took my mum and dad to the hotel and they really enjoyed there stay like us it was are 1st time staying here and we will be back again next time we come down the all so have a little gym with treadmill and bike machine but as i would like to say big thanks to all the staff at the holiday inn Cardiff airport from the hodge family from Liverpool and Sammy the dog

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mark h
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Sir,

I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities offered have been to your satisfaction. Please be assured that I will send your thank yous to the staff member's involved helping you in the room.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I use this hotel five or six times a year. We can rely on the quality of accommodation and the helpfulness of the staff. They are always cheerful, even at four in the morning when they provide breakfast and a shuttle bus service to the airport

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz N

Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyality and for chossing us for your accomodations needs whenever you are in the area.

I am very happy that all staff members are delievering a consistent excellent service and are always helpful and cheerfull.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you soon

Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Tadross Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!