“Great Food, Great Service, Great Value!”
Review of Cafe' Garibaldi

Cafe' Garibaldi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Friendly staff, great atmosphere, amazing food. We had a nice able outside so we could 'people watch', drink wine and taste honest Sicilian food. We were not disappointed. The wine was excellent, the service attentive, and the cannoli at the end for dessert was fabulous. Don't miss the Garibaldi dining experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked but when we arrived just asked if we had booked, not asking our name! Shown to our table with blaring music which was too loud. Took ages to take our drinks order, (no drinks list given). Menu supplied in Italian but as I only speak Spanish was hard to read the menu! Eventually given an English version. Wasn't offered any guidance in choosing from the menu. We have 2 starters (only pasta on the menu). I chose a pasta starter dish with swordfish, mint and aubergine whilst my Partner had ribbons of pasta with a bolognese sauce. I couldn't taste the mint at all. We had to wait ages for our dishes as we were overlooked as the other tables were locals and they got priority.

We wanted to get a second dish when we had finished but had to wait over 30 minutes and we left without getting more food.

Only 2 members of staff to serve at tables was insufficient - not asked if we had enjoyed our food when we settled our bill.

Overall lacked customer care. I was unwell later in the evening.

5  Thank AmandaTD4
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were looking for good honest and local Sicilian food, and recommended to come here by our hosts at Villa Sogno in Selinunte. It was easy to find the restaurant, after parking the car along the waterfront and walking down the main street of Corso Umberto. We had no booking but were able to make one with the delightful maitre'd, and came back later to eat after walking around the nearby Kasbah area of town. A warm welcome and being able to sit outside in the leafy courtyard free of insects on a hot evening was lovely.The menu consisted of about 4 primi and 4-5 mains and covered a good variety of local seafood fish and pasta, couscous and a risotto. After two months I can still see and taste the dish I chose- the swordfish with eggplant and mint, pasta, just the most delicate and gorgeous of summer flavours combined. Service was attentive and unobtrusive with good humour. The house wine was one of the local reds by Regeali that are presented at the table (bottled for restaurants) and look lovely as well taste great.
We then had the cannoli which were fabulous- hard to stand out in Sicily but these were the right combination of sweet with ricotta bite.
The food and service here is faultless and we will be back again next year - do not miss this restaurant.

1  Thank BellaFigura
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I dined with my wife and young son. The two woman who served us were extremely nice and helpful, going out of the way to prepare little extras that our son could eat. We had the antipasti marinara and were very happy with all the tastes of marinated fish, and especially liked the coos coos at he end. As for the pasta, the fish rague was flavorful and light, while the spaghetti al Nero d'avola was a bit to heavy and wine-laden for my taste. The house wine was also good for a house wine.

All in all, we found cafe garibaldi to be a wonderful place to dine and highly reccomend.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our favourite dishes here were the pasta ones - my partner had a strongly flavoured pasta dish with swordfish roe and mine, more delicate, had large prawns, artichokes and almonds. Both divine. We then had grilled calamari - I was most impressed that it had been cooked whole and was perfect.